British Truckers attacked

A report in the Daily Mail says British Truckers being attacked by knife wielding migrants in Calais desperate to get to Britain.

dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … alais.html

Has anybody paid a fine yet?
I can’t see these fines being held up in a court with a jury. The evidence is plain enough the French just stand about watching, doing nothing.
Our government are just as bad. Coming up with stupid costly ideas to deal with it. Stop their right to legal aid, rights to housing, benefits and free health care. If the government stopped that lot they wouldn’t want to come over here anymore.

I used to drive for a firm in Paderborn,delivering to britain,I too had problem’s with migrant’s.It’s so true the French Police just look on.It was not worth the hassel so I sacked the job.

There was also a similar story in the soaraway Sun yesterday, showing pictures of the fixer opening doors for his customers.

The UK border agency are a joke

Has anybody had migrants in the trailer and reported it to UK immigration at Calais in order to help get them out?
Is leaving it to UK immigration at Calais for assistance, leaving it too late; ie, would they try and nick you for it?

berewic:
Has anybody had migrants in the trailer and reported it to UK immigration at Calais in order to help get them out?
Is leaving it to UK immigration at Calais for assistance, leaving it too late; ie, would they try and nick you for it?

you should be telling the first point where they pull you in the shed, by the time you are at the British immigration you are deemed to be on UK soil.

The annoying thing is when the French take them out of your truck they can’t do much with them so they just take them out of the port and let them go so they can try to get into another truck, never ending until they make it to the UK. Basically every one of the immigrants in Calais or any other port area are free to keep trying to get to the UK and will not stop until they succeed

I came back yesterday and there were a dozen of them sauntering up the hard shoulder topping up the tans. Just near the hoverport terminal I counted at least 30 migrants sat in the grass waiting for a lift.

It is important to keep your eyes peeled especially if the lorry traffic is busy or stop start.

We all know the truth here but the 1 thing that irritates the life out of me on this subject is the line the politicians all use about “the people trafficers” getting 5 to £10,000 per person to get them into the country!!! 99.9% of these people havn’t got a tenner to buy a decent meal!!

Truth is, if they had thousands they’s fly in, say they were on holiday and just not go back. So come on politicians tell the truth, the ones with tens of thousands are already here and begging outside an ‘underground’ station near you!!

Ross.

If I was ever a truck driver, I’d do my best to avoid Calais. Do they get many migrants in Caen? And I’m not sure whether Le Havre has a freight port, but if they do, are there migrants there?

Yes to all 3,number 3 being Le Harve has a freight port.

problem is most drivers who are employees of a company don’t get a say in which port to use,99% of the time it was the train ,or ferry at Calais,i agree with the comments that by being the land of “milk & honey” and a all is welcome approach to immigration has made England a target,of course the French will do very little to stop their progress into our country as they don’t want them either,In a non nanny state ect they really should not be able to stay in the UK or neighbouring countries as they for most are not the first safe country they passed through,and on the subject of the UK being flooded with eastern block trucks undercutting our companies, they can do this as 99%of them are running on fuel purchased in mainland e.u or even country of origin,which is cheaper than here,also other running costs such as road tax,ect may not exist in certain countries plus the driver/s are paid less than ours as their countries are often far cheaper to live in than rip off Britain, so what this government should do is introduce a road toll system for all foreign trucks ect,with the monies from that reduce the cost of the road tax and fuel tax for our trucks so we have a somewhere near level playing field to export goods using our own companies ect

Tommy-t AS REGARDS road charges for non-uk
lorrys try doing some research , and you will find
a road charge will be for all lorrys even the UK
lorrys, just for example try looking and you
will see that all countrys have a form of taxation
for vehicle and also in many cases they have a
road charge which is payed by ALL who use the roads concerned, here in germany we pay tax and a road
charge, austria, switzerland etc etc all have the same
Now wages well if you looked at the system differently some of the easterneuropean drivers have a good wage for their country,by the way try looking closer to home
IN GERMANY many drivers are working for low wages
by this I mean between €1500–€2000 before tax
for a minimum of 21days work, and then some of us
earn more than that€2500–€2800 all before tax ;
WITHOUT EXPENSES ADDED;

Tommy T. Don’t confuse migrant workers with illegal immigrants.

There is enough anti Polish crap on the forums without turning this into one too.

These clandestines haven’t got a pot to ■■■■ in, they travel from Eritrea or Afghanistan in the back of a stinking truck to claim benefits or claim that there human rights were abused in the UK.

The government of this country have turned a blind eye to it.

KevinKevin:
If I was ever a truck driver, I’d do my best to avoid Calais. Do they get many migrants in Caen? And I’m not sure whether Le Havre has a freight port, but if they do, are there migrants there?

Yes and thrice yes.

The port of Le Havre is the largest in France in terms of traffic and the second in France in terms of tonnage. During 2005 6965 ships used the port of Le Havre, transporting 23 million tons of miscellaneous merchandise.

It is the largest container port in France with 2.1 million TEU in 2005, 60% of France’s traffic in containers and 40% of all oil entering France is transported via La Havre.

brit pete:
Tommy-t AS REGARDS road charges for non-uk
lorrys try doing some research , and you will find
a road charge will be for all lorrys even the UK
lorrys, just for example try looking and you
will see that all countrys have a form of taxation
for vehicle and also in many cases they have a
road charge which is payed by ALL who use the roads concerned, here in germany we pay tax and a road
charge, austria, switzerland etc etc all have the same
Now wages well if you looked at the system differently some of the easterneuropean drivers have a good wage for their country,by the way try looking closer to home
IN GERMANY many drivers are working for low wages
by this I mean between €1500–€2000 before tax
for a minimum of 21days work, and then some of us
earn more than that€2500–€2800 all before tax ;
WITHOUT EXPENSES ADDED;

Hiya pete. A bit off subject I know, but have you got any links to German trains for trucks crossing Europe, that include times & prices?
I’ve been through the usful links and found nothing.

will post again as the link has failed
try AUSTRIA

Germany–1
HERE THE TRUCK TRAILER must be a certain height
please check if you trailer ,truck will pass the height,width
test,

this one is for FREIBURG (D)–NOVERA(I)
Rola,Alpin,

sorry this is a bit haphazered ,but the sites are in some cases being renewed, so they are not working, will post the new sites as they//it , becomes free and on line fully,
IF you wish you can also send solo trailers via
various sites through out germany as long as they are
built for such traffic and have the required shields and certificates,

cheers pete, they 'ent cheep are they, blimey.

you say they are not cheap, , if you work it out
the use of the ralway can save time , money,
also less stress, for example going through
Switzerland now days, means waiting around
on the motorway for permission to carry on,
time at the borders waiting to get on to the custom post
doing paperwork plus booking the swiss road charges
which now a days cost the most in europe,Also
you should make the station in a 10hr SHIFT
From Calais docks,
if there are no problems, which allows
you to take your rest on the train and so
have a clean slate for the next dayn Novera (I)