British summer time

Afternoon folks,
Just a quick question which I’m sure will be asked at least twice every year. How does the clocks changing affect your hours and does the tachograpgh change automatically?

Many thanks SB

If it’s an analogue you’ll need to adjust the clock manually. If digital, all recordings are in UTC (universal time co-ordinates) but you can change the display to local time if you wish.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
If it’s an analogue you’ll need to adjust the clock manually.

On old analogue ones. On the drawer type that are the same size as a radio it will change automatically, provided no cards are in either position 1 or 2, the first time you put the ignition on after the change. The machine will make a whirring noise for a moment and it’s job done.

^^^ This. Last autumn I set the tacho back manually on Friday before I went home, then Monday morning had to set it back again :blush:

Thanks for the advice. I’ll be driving. Vehicle with a digi tacho card. By the sounds of things it should be okay and I just carry on as normal.

Regards SB

smokinbarrels:
Thanks for the advice. I’ll be driving. Vehicle with a digi tacho card. By the sounds of things it should be okay and I just carry on as normal.

Yep, no need to change anything unless you want the display time to show local time.

Although the activities are recorded in UTC time the display will show local time so you may want to change that.

Thanks to Novadata for putting these video’s on Youtube

Siemens Digital Tachograph

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph

Actia Digital Tachograph