British road Services

Dave the Renegade:

Chris Webb:

Norman Ingram:
Chris, that is no good, you would need at least twenty of those lorry’s, it is not like your pimple on the Isle of Man, if it was to fall towards the motorway, you would find it difficult to deliver to Homebase. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK Norman,I’ll send a fleet of these in,I know the owner so I’ll ring him now. :smiley:

Talking of leethouses (as they’d say in Sheffield/Barnsley :smiley: ) I was down the south of the IOM saturday just to make sure Chicken Rock lighthouse was still there.Only 144 ft high with a 13 mile range.Flashes every 5 seconds :laughing: - must be a joke there somewhere.

Hi Chris,
What are you smuggling in with all those containers. :question:
Cheers Dave.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
She’s just passing through pal.Looks like one of the ACL container ships out of Liverpool bound for Halifax Nova Scotia.IIRC they do a round trip - Halifax-Antwerp-Liverpool- Halifax.Not much chance of a dodgy if you live in Sheffield,Durham or Northants. :smiley:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

Chris Webb:

Norman Ingram:
Chris, that is no good, you would need at least twenty of those lorry’s, it is not like your pimple on the Isle of Man, if it was to fall towards the motorway, you would find it difficult to deliver to Homebase. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK Norman,I’ll send a fleet of these in,I know the owner so I’ll ring him now. :smiley:

Talking of leethouses (as they’d say in Sheffield/Barnsley :smiley: ) I was down the south of the IOM saturday just to make sure Chicken Rock lighthouse was still there.Only 144 ft high with a 13 mile range.Flashes every 5 seconds :laughing: - must be a joke there somewhere.

Hi Chris,
What are you smuggling in with all those containers. :question:
Cheers Dave.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
She’s just passing through pal.Looks like one of the ACL container ships out of Liverpool bound for Halifax Nova Scotia.IIRC they do a round trip - Halifax-Antwerp-Liverpool- Halifax.Not much chance of a dodgy if you live in Sheffield,Durham or Northants. :smiley:

We will just have to take your word on that Chris,he could swing round and drop them off for you. :unamused: :laughing:

Why ho why do I seem to bring the best out of you lads. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :confused: :confused: :confused: or is it the worse :question: , by the way, no luck with the lottery. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:
Why ho why do I seem to bring the best out of you lads. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :confused: :confused: :confused: or is it the worse :question: , by the way, no luck with the lottery. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve turned all of us into lighthouse anoraks Norm,bet Chris can’t sleep at night counting how many times that one flashes,they probably haven’t anything that flashes that often over there. :wink: :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

My brain is working overtime, here is a idea, Chris if it was possible to sling a cable from your mountain to the old rusty angel, then another from there to the tower in Northampton, how long do you think it would take to do a trip between, Isle of Man to Durham, Then Durham to Northampton, then back to the Isle of Man. Indivisual trips, and round trip, if we had a cable car, it will be interesting to see what times come up, and how they came to this amazing result. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe theres a project for someone here check it out, A BRS Seddon http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seddon-vintage-tractor-unit-AEC-engine-BRS-scammell_W0QQitemZ180455990691QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2a0403e5a3

hiya,
No cable Norm, but still have a few ropes down the garden they might help, you can have them, if they are not suitable for a cable carway you could always construct a rope bridge following the same route so long as you don’t volunteer me as the test dummy.
thanks harry long retired.

hiya,
Nice project for someone c c kid, remember when there was loads of them about in the parcels division of BRS mainly used on inter depot work, bit too much work for me but would have loved to have had a go when i was able, surprised to see it’s got an AEC 6 potter in it thought a Perkins P4 would have been big enough for parcels on a single axle box van.
thanks harry long retired

I’d buy it but it doesn’t say how much t’postage is… :laughing:

I see she’s on view at Manningtree,Norman is the nearest,maybe he’d be interested in restoring her. :smiley:

I’d buy it but it doesn’t say how much t’postage is… :laughing:

I see she’s on view at Manningtree,Norman is the nearest,maybe he’d be interested in restoring her. :smiley:

Hi Chris, Should it be a green one or red one i seem to remember some green one’s but i can see a bit of red to the top of the bonnet Cheers Mel

looks like rush green motors ■■?

I’m going on mastermind next week answering questions on light houses. see, all my time hasn’t been wasted talking with you old timers :wink:

hiya,
Was going to do the mastermind thingy myself jimmy m but that black leather seat would play havoc with my Farmer Giles so i’ll sit on my rubber ring at home and watch you doing the lighthouse thing in comfort, really jimmy m you should have plumped for Who Wants to be a Millionaire and should a question on lighthouses come up you could always have used old Norm as your phone a friend or Chris if the question was anything to do with fiddling home.

coca cola kid:
Hi Chris, Should it be a green one or red one i seem to remember some green one’s but i can see a bit of red to the top of the bonnet Cheers Mel

Well CCK I’d go for green for parcels division and it looks like the old BRS depot code parly obliterated on the front? That red might be undercoat - or rust :laughing:

hiya,
Defo parcels div, about the same time they had wads of TKs doing the same job as that one would have been doing, the Scammell coupling was very much in evidence throughout the parcels job,

Found this while looking through my BEDFORD brochures.
Its a BEDFORD KM, one of which I had the dubious pleasure of driving when I first started at BRS Peterborough.
Mine was fitted with a fridge body, and was a pig to drive.

hiya,
The parcels division of BRS must have been a canny enough number got into Team Valley on a regular basis there was parcels and general in there and it was the same old faces year in year out a good sign that the job must be OK, a very happy atmosphere at that place it was the nearest security depot to ours for us to park up when carrying the hard stuff from Scotland usually to London, and just inside the main gate there was a cracking canteen which was well patronised by private company drivers as well as us BRS lads,the depot is still there but don’t who’s in there now and is the canteen still going?? if so i might nip down for a brekkie one morning just to top up the cholestoral , it’s only ten minutes from my place.

Yes I used to see BRS Parcel Service regular in Northampton, then they moved out I think to Wellingborough, then they just faded away.