British now charging

Yiperdee do da… The British Government are finally going to charge forign hauliers £10 per day to use our roads… What planet are they on? In France, Germany and Italy it’s easy to spend 100euro+ per day and the Vignette has been in operation for years. Years ago the French and Germans only allowed us in with 50 lts of fuel, compelling us to buy their fuel… Are we slow or what?

electriclips:
Yiperdee do da… The British Government are finally going to charge forign hauliers £10 per day to use our roads… What planet are they on? In France, Germany and Italy it’s easy to spend 100euro+ per day and the Vignette has been in operation for years. Years ago the French and Germans only allowed us in with 50 lts of fuel, compelling us to buy their fuel… Are we slow or what?

You were offered the chance to join the euro vignette scheme alongside Holland, Belgium, Lux etc… However the UK government said the system was not workable. It will be interesting to see what the dipsticks in Whitehall come up with and how easy it will be for us to avoid paying!

This topic is already being discussed here :wink:

tachograph:

No it’s not. That topic appears to have been deleted. Whilst I was writing a detailed reply. :imp:

MrFlibble:

tachograph:

No it’s not. That topic appears to have been deleted. Whilst I was writing a detailed reply. :imp:

Two threads have been merged which is why the link stopped working, try this link: £10.00 day charge for hauliers proposed

first,They just talk about it,and second,they will charge everyone,not just European

:arrow_right: I just got an Idea why it is said you would getting it back,later by a Tax reduction.
Because the Industry wouldn’t pay it now to you,and you couldnt add it to your Bill to them,as you get it back,the PM said.
just,… :grimacing: There may be a tax Reduction to a tax which helps to sell cheaper to thems Customer,but not helpful to your Cost as Transportation Company.
Result,you need to pay less for fuel,Injurence or/and Maintenance.
it were also a solution to cut pay of your Staff