British HGV reputation?

Hi,

Firstly I would like to say, if I am posting in the wrong section, OR have missed a thread that specifies the information I am looking for, I am sorry and am happy to be diverted there!

However the size and layout of this site makes it a little daunting to a newcomer. I would like to say I did find a list of recommended companies in my area and thankfully “british HGV” are listed, which is a promising sign. However it’s a lot of money for me, and i would like to get a little more specific personal accounts.

I really just wanted any personal accounts/dealing that people have had with this company, so far my communications with them have been great, and I am likely going to book my 5 days (depending on the initial assessment results) training and test with them. Not looking for massive wall of text, just basic dealings and how people found them to be.

As i said personally it’s a lot of money to put down and I want to be sure i’m picking the correct company, this was also one that was recommended to me (though not directly, it was a friend of a friend type of deal)

Much appreciated,

-Matthew

Check they’re not a broker before paying any money. Ask to see there vehicles and meet an instructor.
Theres plenty of advice here in the newbies forum regarding brokers - theres lots of guys who find this site after training who say they wish they’d read it all first.
As for British HGV, never heard of them so can’t give an opinion either way.
Where abouts are you based as there’s a few training schools that use this site and they could possibly help you further.
EDIT: Just looked them up on the web and the address on street view. It doesn’t look like a brokers. Still always worth a vist for a chat. You wouldn’t spend £1500 on a car without looking at it frst would you?

britishhgv.co.uk/hgv-training
They are not a broker but a proper training school

Gave them a quick call because on their B+E page it says passing C will cover the above categories … BE C1 C1E … err … They are about to change that … I reckon they mean to list C+E with that comment

m1cks:
Check they’re not a broker before paying any money. Ask to see there vehicles and meet an instructor.
Theres plenty of advice here in the newbies forum regarding brokers - theres lots of guys who find this site after training who say they wish they’d read it all first.
As for British HGV, never heard of them so can’t give an opinion either way.
Where abouts are you based as there’s a few training schools that use this site and they could possibly help you further.
EDIT: Just looked them up on the web and the address on street view. It doesn’t look like a brokers. Still always worth a vist for a chat. You wouldn’t spend £1500 on a car without looking at it frst would you?

Hello, thank you for your reply, I don’t believe they are a broker are you say. and they were also listed on this website as one of the recommended companies. which is good, I have my free “initial assesment” this thursday, I’m not really sure what to expect, (practice test to see how far from a test i am - at a guess?) but I assume I will get a bit of a look at the locaiton, vehicles and an instructor.

I am in Tamworth, staffordshire, and I think British HGV are also the closest for me, which is an added bonus.

Thanks, Matt

ROG:
HGV/LGV Training Courses in Cannock | British HGV Training Group

Gave them a quick call because on their B+E page it says passing C will cover the above categories … BE C1 C1E … err … They are about to change that … I reckon they mean to list C+E with that comment

Hi, im not sure what you mean. I am just going for a Class C rather than C + E if that helps. I have also spoken to them explained where i’m currently at and such.

-Matt

Go for an assessment drive and see what you think

Then do the same with at least one other school

Lixah:

ROG:

Hi, im not sure what you mean. I am just going for a Class C rather than C + E if that helps. I have also spoken to them explained where i’m currently at and such.

-Matt

I think what ROG meant is they had a mistake on there webpage as passing cat C will not give entitlement to drive Cat B+E or C1+E as they are for towing a trailer over 750kg, Cat C will only give lower entitlement for C1, but passing C+E will entitle you to drive B+E and C1+E :smiley:

des-c:

Lixah:

ROG:

-Matt

I think what ROG meant is they had a mistake on there webpage as passing cat C will not give entitlement to drive Cat B+E or C1+E as they are for towing a trailer over 750kg, Cat C will only give lower entitlement for C1, but passing C+E will entitle you to drive B+E and C1+E :smiley:

Ah right I understand what you mean. I had not really checked the site too much, mostly spoken to them on the phone :slight_smile:

Cheers, though.

thanks for all the help too.

-Matt

Decent trainers, passed my C+E with them a couple of years ago, newish artic unit. If you use the Swynnerton test route then it can be considered one of the easier ones! :slight_smile:

Lixah:
I had not really checked the site too much, mostly spoken to them on the phone :slight_smile:

Hi Matt,

You’ve checked them on TN, so there’s no way they’re a broker.
(I’m one of those who maintains the TN recommended list, so no brokers will get onto it on my watch :wink: )

I wouldn’t set too much store on what’s written a company’s webpages, because it’s quite often a third party web-designer who may not be from the transport industry who writes them.
Also, an honest and innocent mistake may have been made by a proof-reader.

:bulb: Detective ROG doesn’t miss much either. :laughing: :grimacing: :wink:

Good luck in your training and LGV tests. :smiley:

exit:
Decent trainers, passed my C+E with them a couple of years ago, newish artic unit. If you use the Swynnerton test route then it can be considered one of the easier ones! :slight_smile:

That’s been the same since I passed at Swynnerton back in 1979. :wink: :grimacing:

(At the second attempt after failing my first attempt in Liverpool.) :blush: :blush: