British convoy tems/oda yugoslavia

Hi Gentlemen! I have been, for some time now, trying to get in touch with former team mates of the ODA convoys in Bosnia. And found this site yesterday! If you are interested I have started a closed group (to keep out the trash!) on FaceBook. Here is the link facebook.com/groups/236061120065211/ Its called “Humanitarian Aid Convoys in Bosnia 1992 to 1994”. It would be great to get a community going on FB before we all start to disappear. Look forward to meeting you on FB.

You`re a few years to late Colin, already been done!!.. :smiley:

facebook.com/groups/123811184415064/

A lot of names, faces , pics and tales on there! :wink:

Hi, I,ve just joined this site & was wondering if anyone on here worked for the ODA, as I did, during the conflict. Also does anyone remember “Janwright” who used to supply the ODA/Army from the uk. I subbed from them for a while before Stobbarts took them over.

Hi, there Buster, there is a load of us on here that used to work for Davies Int.who used to take the fresh and frozen down for JSL. You will find a lot on the Davies thead,I only done it for 5yrs but some of the others were at it longer. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hello Buster, welcome to the TN forums.

I worked with the ODA in Bosnia for a couple of years, from 1992 through to 94, firstly based down in Metkovic for nearly a year when we brought out the DAF`s, then got sent up to Zagreb ( :imp: :imp: ) to set up the Artic teams running through Northern Bosnia and Croatia then finally moving over to Zenica in central Bosnia to set up a team running the aid around the local area small villages, towns etc.

I did a couple of photo diaries on here…

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41993

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45132

They should bring back some memories!!! :laughing: :laughing:

If you were in Metkovic from late 1992 throughout 1993 then we know each other. There are a few ex ODA guys on here, hopefully they will introduce themselves.

If you have any pics from that time then post them up, the more the merrier!!

It was a great job when it started, bit of a head (zb) a times but brilliant all the same, it was just a shame things got political and spoiled it all!! :unamused: :unamused:

As for Janerite, JSL, I remember we had a monthly supply vehicle come down, usualy an owner driver, one chap had a white Merc.

Hi Bullitt. Yes I remember you. I came out in late 93. Was part of the first convoy team in Zagreb, UK Blue !!! Remember the Astoria, where we lived. The only chinki in town at the time. You new me as “Bartman”. Me & John the baptist were great mates. Dangerous Dave, Steve I love myself, Desperate Dan, but maybe they came after you. I had a friend out there who printed the “T Shirts”.

buster007:
Steve I love myself

Steve Smith,ex-Russell Davies per chance??

KW:

buster007:
Steve I love myself

Steve Smith,ex-Russell Davies per chance??

Don;t know if he was ex RD. He couldn’t driver a wagon n drag to save his life,lol.

Hello buster,

I used to work for JSL , went down to Metkovic a couple of times also did internals loading the Calcium Carbide from Maribor in Slovenia then topping up with spares from Zagreb.

Mostly though we were running into Split as you know.

If you subbed for JSL were u an O/D or working for someone else.?

By the end I was working in the office sourcing all the backloads . till they were bought out then I went working for Hornigold subbing to JSL (sorry Stobart Intl by that time)

Yes I was an O/D. I had a eurostar then with “twinkle twinkle eurostar” on it. Sad I know, but thought it looked cool then,lol.
Yes, remember when jsl were taken over, jason told us all to fax our cmr’s asap as the rate was dropping, surprise surprise.

sorry buster but i dont remember you…we had that many subbies and subbies of subbies and subbies of subbies of subbies. that it was difficult to keep track of it all …
Because I mostly found the backloads I didnt deal with everyone that was running out for us.

Do you remember “The Serious Roadtrip” guys with their multicoloured vehicles??

Think they were based between Split and Metkovic somewhere.

The Serious Road Trip were a bunch of hippies and tree huggers who were originally based down in Split but then moved to Tomaslavagrad IIRC. They drove rainbow painted ex army bedfords, had a shower about once a month and generally were a pain in the arse on the road,always causing problems or getting in the way. IIRC they were banned from the BritBatt camps.

Buster (Paul??) yes I remember you and the others well, although im intrigued as to who “Steve I love myself” was!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There was Steve “Barnsey” Barnes but i cant place any others!!!

Have got a pic of you somewhere in the shed with all the other pics from back then, will try and dig it out sometime :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Yes it is Paul. “Barnsey” couldn’t remember the surname. Nice guy really,lol. The SRT lot. Yes I remember that lot. Fxxxxxg crazy gang or what,lol. One of that lot actually got a job with our lot. Can’t remember his name, but god did he have smelly feet, & that was after he had a shower. I spent most of my time in zagreb, UK Blue ruled ok,lol.
I came out with 5/6 other guys we drove “disco’s” out to there. Those were the days.

A few of the JSL drivers come to Danesbury as did some office staff.