British Car Auctions at Blackbushe

Hi

As you may be aware, Stobart recently sold it’s UK car transporter division to British Car Auctions (BCA) & I’m interested to know if
anyone has any info on transporter driver vacancies with BCA, or other useful inside knowledge of the job?

I’m specifically interested in their operations at Blackbushe, Hampshire such as how many drivers are based there, shift patterns, type of work…is it all multidrops, tramping & 4-5 nights away? or is there any day work, trunking, or do they have any Outbased drivers

I have car transporter experience as I had a couple of years working with Inchcape Automotive, before they sold out to Camden
& Paragon and am keen to get back on a similar job!

Grateful for any Info - Thanks!

Hi Lennoxtown

I don’t think the BCA branded fleet is as yet having much involvement in BCA work. The trucks are merely rebranded Stobart / Autologic / Walon (etc!) vehicles carrying on the same work they were doing before the takeover, predominantly new car deliveries.

I’m sure this will all change though as ‘synergies’ kick in… :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that. Didn’t last long did it? When you say the UK side of it does not that mean that we’ll still see the CZ plated ones running around?

the maoster:
I didn’t know that. Didn’t last long did it? When you say the UK side of it does not that mean that we’ll still see the CZ plated ones running around?

Hi Maoster

As far as I know Stobart only sold the UK side of the business to BCA, I;m not too sure, but I heard they retained
the overseas division

Cheers!

Lank:
Hi Lennoxtown

I don’t think the BCA branded fleet is as yet having much involvement in BCA work. The trucks are merely rebranded Stobart / Autologic / Walon (etc!) vehicles carrying on the same work they were doing before the takeover, predominantly new car deliveries.

I’m sure this will all change though as ‘synergies’ kick in… :slight_smile:

Hi Lank

Thanks for your Info… are you saying not much has changed there really… I thought a few job opportunities
may have been created at Blackbushe. Would love to get back in to this, even better if it was 4 on 4 off!

Cheers!

Cheers for that Lennoxtown.

the maoster:
Cheers for that Lennoxtown.[/quoteNo worries mate! ta

Think somebody realized that it is a hell of a job to get a backload with a car transporter :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Think somebody realized that it is a hell of a job to get a backload with a car transporter :smiley:

I can imagine the phone call…

Driver: I’ve done all my deliveries
planner: ok, just pop into tescos RDC at MK, 52 pallets of toilet roll, that is a high trailer, isn’t it…
Driver: erm…

Plenty of back loads unfortunately. Every sizeable town seems to have a BCA

Why do the rebranded motors still have Stobart fairy lights on? Why do they still use Stobart liveried 4x2s? How can we be sure Stobart aren’t involved anymore? Why do they still not recruit■■? WHY?

Lantern do a lot of work out of blackbushe.

They have a depot in Guildford which isn’t too far.

Lewman on here might be able to help you get your foot in the door.

Pimpdaddy:
Why do they still not recruit■■? WHY?

Entering the new car registration period now. Pretty sure they’re recruiting all over.

Pimpdaddy:
Why do the rebranded motors still have Stobart fairy lights on? Why do they still use Stobart liveried 4x2s? How can we be sure Stobart aren’t involved anymore? Why do they still not recruit■■? WHY?

The car operators are always recruiting to some extent, obviously they’re going to poach good staff from another operator if they can, or look for previous transporter drivers re-entering the game for one reason or another, minimises the staggering training costs and someone will know if the applicant is a safe bet.

BradCarTransporter:
Lantern do a lot of work out of blackbushe.

They have a depot in Guildford which isn’t too far.

Lewman on here might be able to help you get your foot in the door.

H’mm… Thanks mate! I didn’t know that but it could be useful!

Pimpdaddy:

I think most transporter companies are recruiting just now.

Lank:
Entering the new car registration period now. Pretty sure they’re recruiting all over.

Juddian:
The car operators are always recruiting to some extent.

Themoocher:

Guys I’m a bit sceptical about what you’re saying. There’s nothing on the BCA or Eddie Stobart site. There’s nothing permanent/meaningful on indeed either.

Pimpdaddy:

Lank:

Juddian:

Themoocher:

Guys I’m a bit sceptical about what you’re saying. There’s nothing on the BCA or Eddie Stobart site. There’s nothing permanent/meaningful on indeed either.

Definitely recruiting, with trucks located around all the major car factories / car docks.

If you give us a rough idea of location may be able to point you in the right direction.

The reason they are always recruiting is the turnover amongst new drivers in the industry is notoriously high. If you don’t like hard graft, getting bumps and scrapes, living in a small cab, etc, then it’s not for you. There are various threads on here about the pros and cons of working in the industry.

There won’t be anything on the Stobart website as Stobart are not involved anymore. Yes, there are Stobart tractor units pulling BCA semi trailers, but I believe that is transitional. Trailers, driver uniforms and wage agreements are all BCA

Lank:
If you give us a rough idea of location may be able to point you in the right direction.

Kent, Sheerness, Sittingbourne, Goresbrook/Dagenham at a push

Pimpdaddy:

Lank:

Juddian:

Themoocher:

You should get a job easy around that area roaming.
Nearly every decent sized transport company has trucks running out yards in that area.
Your in the ideal place to be honest.
I got start bout 5 month ago with no expereince.

You don’t have to look for transport companies that have there main bases in those areas.

Send your CV to every big company in the country.