Brit European carpets job

Asking on behalf of a mate ( he’s not on this site :unamused: ) … does any-one know anything about the current score with the Brit European carpet job :question:

They seem to be looking for out-based drivers … I am guessing they are shipping the trls in un-accompanied to E. Coast ports :question:
How many drops do you get on a trl ( guess it varies ) ? Are they mostly “retail parks” ? Do they still have the doors on the front of the trl to get to the front … is the middle section still the “cradle on rollers” that they used to pull to the rear to unload :question:
I’ve never done this, but used to load along-side the Brit European guys at the carpet factories in Belgium back in the late '80’s … when they had all the Belgian registered trucks

Just wondered if any-one knew 'owt about how the job works NOW ? I will pass on any info. Thanks.

a mate of mine works for them…moneys not great, i think normal trailers with a moffatt on the back, all retail park deliveries, can park on their premises overnight, all motors now uk registered, and office staff not fit for purpose. he is looking for something more suitable though.

truckyboy:
a mate of mine works for them…moneys not great, i think normal trailers with a moffatt on the back, all retail park deliveries, can park on their premises overnight, all motors now uk registered, and office staff not fit for purpose. he is looking for something more suitable though.

Not all retail park deliveries 1 off top of my head is larry spears on rendle st plymouth and theres some worse than that , and you cant park at all premises , think there can.be anything up to 30 drops on 1 trailer i went for a job while it was run from belgium couldnt make head nor tale of pay structure

Carpet work can be very frustrating.

I’ve known tempers to fray.

eagerbeaver:
Carpet work can be very frustrating.

I’ve known tempers to fray.

That joke is wearing thin.

No need to pile in BB.

Don"t let them pull the rug from beneath you"re feet.

Some days on it you are flying and you think that it is magic.

I’ll get back to being serious about this THREAD… BARE that in mind for a minute. :smiley:
see what I did there? :sunglasses::blush:
I was on it about 6 years ago working out of Zeebrugge for the Belgian part of the co. it was then a bloody good job.
Talking to a lot of the ex Brit drivers I know, the transport is now ran by the UK side with Brit reg right hand drive motors. Since then most of the old drivers have jacked as the general opinion is the job is comparitively not as good as it was, but like I said…opinion. :bulb:
They no longer ship out to Belgium and the money is not as good as it was either…they said
. A lot of it as far as I have been told, is ran by their own agency.
There is a lad on here that works for them, I forget his name, but I’m sure he could tell you better.
You do get 20+ drops on, but mostly in the same area.
Your mate won’t know until he enquires and/or gives it a go himself.

btw. I was made redundant there when the Rosyth/Zeeby ferry was put back on …long story .You could say that I had…The RUG pulled from under me :laughing: :laughing: sorry I’ll get me coat :blush:

Wasn’t there one of the members on here who got the sack from there because he decided to have a lay in one morning and refused to reduce his daily rest. Missing a delivery time?

hi rustler,a mate of mine rang there agency which is called silver arrow and is based on same site so they must talk to each,this was a couple of weeks back and he was told they are fully crewed up mate.

To o/p,
The guy on here I mentioned, that is on Brit European is Lamby-BET.
He hasn’t been on here for a while (afaik) but if you do a search, and go on his profile you will get his e.mail address.