brit european bv

this is an advert in yorkshire evening post 17th march 2005:
brit european requires drivers
we offer imediate starts and a high basic income for professional class1 drivers. these are full time postions involved in the distubution of carpets to major uk retailers primarily in out of town locations. vehicles maybe required to load from belguim but mainly will deliver pre- loaded vehicles trunked to the uk. weekends are spent at home.
the trucks are new man tga xxl left hand drive.
this is the advert and ive typed it out it has been in before i dont know if the job is any good just dont shoot the messenger :exclamation:

I called about the same job last year and they weren’t interested unless you had 5 years left hand drive draw-bar experience.

muckles:
I called about the same job last year and they weren’t interested unless you had 5 years left hand drive draw-bar experience.

Hands up who has! :laughing:

Not many Brit drivers, but how many foreign drivers have the experience of navigating british town and city centre’s which is were they reckoned most of the deliveries were.

I saw one of them going round the ring road in Norwich today.

A friend of mine had the direct contact number for the Transport Manager in Belgium.

Apparently,if they call you for an interview,you go over to Belgium with one of their drivers,all at their expense,and if they like you and offer you a job,you can start straight away,and they give you your vehicle there and then.

You make one trip a week to Belgium,and if your that way inclined,you can stock up on the duty free,not that I can condone it of course. :wink:

They try wherever possible,to give you your own delivery area,so I suppose you could be home most nights,and,ahem,claim the night out money,but it’s not always possible,as someone may already have it because they live near you,and you don’t know it.

You get paid in Euro’s,and then you can have it transferred into £ sterling,I think,at your cost.

If you like tramping,and don’t mind the new fleet of XXL MAN’s, :laughing: then it may be for you.

However,every good side,has a down side…

Allegedly,they are not too fussy what you do with your tachos,so be warned,but I can’t prove that.

All the above related to the carpet contract,and may not be applicable to other contracts they have,but there was no mention of 5 years left ■■■■■■ drag experience.Plus,they also use artics on this job.

Ken.

They first started this, from Rosyth anyway, a couple of years ago, doing carpets. I remember the wagon and drags first appearing on the docks about that long ago. A mate of mine has just started on the carpet contract, hes driving an XXL artic and the wagon and drags are rarely seen now.

So are these new jobs wagon and drag or artics??

Artics Smudger, all under a year old, i think im right in saying theyre mega spec, with the little wheels

jessicas dad:
this is an advert in yorkshire evening post 17th march 2005:
brit european requires drivers
we offer imediate starts and a high basic income for professional class1 drivers. these are full time postions involved in the distubution of carpets to major uk retailers primarily in out of town locations. vehicles maybe required to load from belguim but mainly will deliver pre- loaded vehicles trunked to the uk. weekends are spent at home.
the trucks are new man tga xxl left hand drive.
this is the advert and ive typed it out it has been in before i dont know if the job is any good just dont shoot the messenger :exclamation:

have you the telephone number to apply?

can’t find the ad on their website :frowning:

found it.

00 32 50 55 88 92

00 32 50 55 88 92

That’ll be an expensive call to La Belgique then. :open_mouth:

Ken.

has anybody rung them then?

i rang em last week, you need 5 yrs southpoar experience, the jobs to start april. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Also experience in driving, “monty” rear mounted fork lift truck with carpet boom, would be advantage.

Artic step - trailers are custom kit. Carpets are loaded in three stacks, rear stack, unloaded from rear. Centre stack loaded on moveable floor, unloaded from rear. Front stack unloaded from barn doors on front of trailer, this requires cab to be jack knifed to allow for unloading. Driver unloads all carpets with boom truck as many stores do not have boom trucks.

ohterry:
i rang em last week, you need 5 yrs southpoar experience, the jobs to start april. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

bugger! thats that one out the window then :laughing: :laughing:
thanks for the info terry

So what is the money like ■■?

ohterry:
5 yrs southpoar experience,

:question: :question:

5 years southpaw experience means 5 yrs left hand drive experience mate.

kindle530:
5 years southpaw experience means 5 yrs left hand drive experience mate.

I wonder how many British drivers have this? I dont wish to constantly go on about this but could this requirement be a subtle way of actually getting non-British drivers?