Bristol overnight spots

Hi,

I’m new to the site an forum, apologies if this is answered in another thread; can anyone recommend an overnight spot close to Bristol? I’ll be tipping at Royal Mail and then heading to Swindon.

Would be good to get a pint and a bite to eat on the Sunday.

Thanks.

if you’re looking for a truckstop there’s Avon Lodge in Bristol or Hideaway at Chippenham

details here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=85042

Thanks Denis, I’ll give that a try.

Asda at Cribb’s Causeway (right next to the M5) allow trucks to park on the far side of the massive car park. You get wagons there all day, and I’ve parked up myself at 3.00 pm untill the next morning with no hassle at all.

As above, asda cribbs causway. Ignore the no parking signs.
Treat the place with respect, dont drive over the kerbs, ■■■■ over the floor or dump rubbish.
It’s open 24hrs so you can use the toilets inside. The cafe shuts fairly early but mcdonalds is at the entrance with free wifi.

Denis F:
if you’re looking for a truckstop there’s Avon Lodge in Bristol or Hideaway at Chippenham

details here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=85042

stoped the night at Avon Lodge on Wednesday, It’s not bad I was happy with it.

Unfortunately I was at Asda cribbs causeway last week and they’ve put up concrete blocks now. Chatting to the staff and was told that a few of the drivers had been using the place as a toilet so they’ve stopped the parking there now. Thanks to the disgusting few