Brintons carpets.John Yates,Pete Grinstead

With deep regret I heard that John Yates passed away last monday (26/11/12) RIP John, One of the good ones.

Shame about John,the man liked his wine if I remember.RIP John

Heard john died,he was from Devizes,we called him "long pockets John"bit tight with the coffee money on BI."Blond Pete"was also on the Vouzela/Worcester round trips,is he still alive,both had grey ERF`s,that semed to go and on,saw one parked up at Westbury trading estate a few years back.As was Alex with the blue 142 Scania.A carpet trailer was always loaded for them when they got there,no waiting time,drop one,then back up the road.think the rate was about £1500 round trip.

used to know pete quite well…last time i seen him was bout 10yrs ago when i pulling for psl this was when he just marries his south american girlfriend ■■ nice guy be good to find out any recent info on him

Shared cabins with Pete.He is well travelled,Cuba,and many other exotic places.He must be still around.Maybe still doing Portugal.

Hi toby,I think you find John Yates is alive & still kicking He,s had some bad illness in the last 10 yrs on & off but still very active enjoying retirement usually around uk in his caravan as for pete I think he,s on for tesco in maidstone or was i,ll try find out more info & post soon.

Tell them i was TC with British International/Euro PSL/Freight Transfer and Garnett Eurotrans.DAF 310 with Yellow roof then a maroon ex Peter Gilder Scania 142,and a green one too.I knew Dave Brooker.(Irish Dave.)from Porto,and Alex,with the blue 142,polio arm.Brintons run was a good one.Vouzela way.

TC, Pete is on for an agency up in Kent doin nights I belive,spends all his holidays in Cuba or some such place…

As for John its nice to know hes still around like the rest of us…Wont lie down… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: