Brighton parking?

gotta night out Monday, in (or near) Brighton!! a quick google says there is a lorry park in Southwick BN42 4DQ but it looks like a public car park to me!!■■?

is this spot ok for overnighting, or has anyone any better suggestions?? Cheers oh and some prices would be useful thanks!!

B…

I don’t know where that is, but if it was in Brighton itself speaking as an ex coach driver, down in the coach park on Maderia Drive, I parked a coach down there for over 9 hours and didn’t pay zb all when you’re supposed to… :wink:
Though the coach was ■■■■■■■ out gearbox fluid I could have used that as an excuse for not paying - I was “waiting for a fitter to come” :wink:

Bungle666:
gotta night out Monday, in (or near) Brighton!! a quick google says there is a lorry park in Southwick BN42 4DQ but it looks like a public car park to me!!■■?

is this spot ok for overnighting, or has anyone any better suggestions?? Cheers oh and some prices would be useful thanks!!

B…

It is a long term council run lorry park which the public dont use. There are a few local companies that keep vehicles/trailers there overnight, one of them being a garbage truck so its not always the nicest smelling place. Its also right opposite the Dudman terminal so if there’s an aggregate ship being unloaded, expect lots of noise.
Do you need a proper truck park or are you ok with laybys?

This is somewhere I suggested on another thread.

Nothing on the A27 apart from a lay by with no facilities at Lancing. The bottom of the A23 at Poynings has a nice little parallel road which has a Marks and Spencer BP garage and a pub called The Plough (excellent food but expect to pay for it) BN45 7FN is the postcode.

You can park on the industrial estates on the Western side of Brighton near the seafront,at Shoreham.Pubs and takeaways nearby and a 20 minute walk to Brighton.
Second choice is Newhaven ferry terminal, then get the train or bus to Brighton for a meal out and nightlife.
At Newhaven there is Sainsburys and places to eat in town.
Free to park in the ferry terminal.
Third choice is Madeira drive, there is the big marina nearby for restaurants and a cinema,Asda too.
I have seen trucks park there with no problems.Concert trucks and large camper vans park there.
Nightlife in the week is busy due to students,quite a good vibe.

Or the Eastbourne area of Polegate on Chaucer industrial estate,Dittons Road.
There is a good bus service that runs late at night between Brighton and Eastbourne.
At Newhaven docks there will be Eastern European drivers running their engines all night to charge their batteries after running Sputnick satellite stations from the cab.
Free shower, if it is locked, as the freight check in staff for the key or ask in the cafe.

Chuff me Toby, he’s doing a night out - not having a NIGHT OUT!

I was highlighting the best place for grab a granny night out.
Where to see Pole dancers and some lap top dancing.

Is the parking at shoreham[adj]to the docks shut??
regards dave.

dri-diddly-iver:
Chuff me Toby, he’s doing a night out - not having a NIGHT OUT!

hahahahaha!!!

Thanks for the advice lads :slight_smile:

m1cks:

Bungle666:

B…

It is a long term council run lorry park which the public dont use. There are a few local companies that keep vehicles/trailers there overnight, one of them being a garbage truck so its not always the nicest smelling place. Its also right opposite the Dudman terminal so if there’s an aggregate ship being unloaded, expect lots of noise.
Do you need a proper truck park or are you ok with laybys?

dont mind a layby, as long as its not a seperate from the road one if you know what i mean!!

Cheers

B…

Bungle666:

B…

I stayed there about 2 weeks ago, it cost £3 for the night. It’s nothing special but it’s somewhere to park, the only thing that would put me off is the railway line is right behind you but to be honest, I dropped straight off an slept soundly and woke up with diesel still in the tank!

Desperate:

Bungle666:

B…

I stayed there about 2 weeks ago, it cost £3 for the night. It’s nothing special but it’s somewhere to park, the only thing that would put me off is the railway line is right behind you but to be honest, I dropped straight off an slept soundly and woke up with diesel still in the tank!

You were lucky to still have diesel in the tank,I’m fairly local and it is notorious for diesel theft.

m1cks:

Nothing on the A27 apart from a lay by with no facilities at Lancing. The bottom of the A23 at Poynings has a nice little parallel road which has a Marks and Spencer BP garage and a pub called The Plough (excellent food but expect to pay for it) BN45 7FN is the postcode.

I assume you mean here google.co.uk/maps/@50.89657 … a=!3m1!1e3

that looks most suitable :slight_smile: seems quiet ish and off the main drag :slight_smile: Happy days!!

B…

Bungle666:

m1cks:

that looks most suitable :slight_smile: seems quiet ish and off the main drag :slight_smile: Happy days!!

B…

Where youve put doesnt show on my map so ive done a screenshot. Youre shielded from the A23 a bit and it is a quiet road.

m1cks:

Bungle666:

m1cks:

B…

Where youve put doesnt show on my map so ive done a screenshot. Youre shielded from the A23 a bit and it is a quiet road.

yea, thats where i linked too!! Cheers pal,

looks like thats where im off too then!!

B…

Bungle666:

m1cks:

Bungle666:

m1cks:

B…

yea, thats where i linked too!! Cheers pal,

looks like thats where im off too then!!

B…

A superb spot to park, had a lovely peaceful night, cooked my tea then went to the pub for a pint (or 2) :slight_smile: woke up to non slashed curtains and still had all my derv!!

nice one m1cks :slight_smile:

B…

Ssh dont boast about it or it will be full next time you get there :wink:

m1cks:

Too late im trying it out, i dont fancy pub on my lonesome though, tho very tempted

bigdavehull:

m1cks:

Too late im trying it out, i dont fancy pub on my lonesome though, tho very tempted

You wouldnt be lonesome for long in brighton