Bridgewater J24/M5

Didnt like the food tasted terrible,

overall not bad for a fiver for the night, pub down rd a bit pricey for the lager at £2.80 a pint

ill give that one a miss then…unless im completely [zb]ed

ive used that one
i had a tbone and chips for £4.95,and maybe it wasnt the best stake in the world ,but it was cooked fresh ,and cooked properly and i couldnt eat everything on my plate
i wouldnt have a problem staying there again
although it would be nice if they opened a little later

If your coming North from the South West,then come off at J24,up the slip road,which is also the slip road for the services,turn left at the top,and left at the next roundabout,which is about 100 yards later.Obviously,if you come South down the M5,then turn right at the top of the slip road.

Another 300 yards up the road,is the garage,and Grahams truck stop.Turn in to the last entry point at the top,and park up.

Parking is a fiver,and is payable at the garage,as it’s seperate to the cafe.There is no discount on your food at the cafe,plus the garage also sells those much needed truck accessories.

The food is very good,and ample portions are a plenty, :smiley: but be warned,the cafe and garage close at 8pm,as do the toilets and showers.

If you fancy a little liquid refreshment,then there’s a pub back down the road from where you came in.

there’s still parking and fuel at Grahams but the Cafe has closed and looking quite derelict

There is however a cafe in the new cattle market behind Grahams which is open 7 days a week

Mon - Thurs 7.00am - 7.00pm (last orders 6.45pm)
Friday 7.00am-3.30pm (last orders 3.00pm)
Saturday 7.00am- 4.30pm (last orders 4.00pm)
Sunday 8.00am-2.30pm (last orders 2.00pm)

the poster also says " Opening times may vary due to extended Market times "

Market days are Monday, Tuesday, occasionally Thursday, and the biggest one is Saturday

their website needs an update foodonthelevel.co.uk

there are also signs from the motorway to Junction 24 Lorry Park, but I can’t see anywhere that says you can park overnight !

Shame that has closed never stayed overnight, but I always found the food good.

He was a miserable git. Shower block was awful, best thing about it was the £5 parking… And the main road out!

bigvern1:
He was a miserable git. Shower block was awful, best thing about it was the £5 parking… And the main road out!

I take it you didn’t like him then :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …Your right he was a miserable git.

still worth stopping for a 45 min break though as a chap has a burger van there , i hear it’s quite good & much better than trying to faf about up at the market & the market cafe is quite pricey

MolePower:
still worth stopping for a 45 min break though as a chap has a burger van there , i hear it’s quite good & much better than trying to faf about up at the market & the market cafe is quite pricey

it’s usually closed when I go in for diesel, but is the burger van parked by the road the same one that has been there against the back fence ■■ looks a different colour to me :confused: :confused: :confused:

Denis F:
there’s still parking and fuel at Grahams but the Cafe has closed and looking quite derelict

There is however a cafe in the new cattle market behind Grahams which is open 7 days a week

Mon - Thurs 7.00am - 7.00pm (last orders 6.45pm)
Friday 7.00am-3.30pm (last orders 3.00pm)
Saturday 7.00am- 4.30pm (last orders 4.00pm)
Sunday 8.00am-2.30pm (last orders 2.00pm)

the poster also says " Opening times may vary due to extended Market times "

Market days are Monday, Tuesday, occasionally Thursday, and the biggest one is Saturday

their website needs an update foodonthelevel.co.uk

there are also signs from the motorway to Junction 24 Lorry Park, but I can’t see anywhere that says you can park overnight !

I am not really surprised it closed down, no one has visited this thread for 4 years :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I am not really surprised it closed down, no one has visited this thread for 4 years :laughing:

I visited the market cafe today

Opening hours are now shorter !! It closes at 5.30 with last food orders at 4.45 on Monday to Thursday :frowning:

( I was there at 5.35 !! )