Bridges in London

Sometimes I have the misfortune of multidrops in London so was just wondering which bridges are weight limited and which we can use in an artic as my boss has actually rang up TFL and they could’nt tell him :neutral_face: . there must be a page on a site to tell you somewere but I’ll be jiggered if I can find one :blush: :blush:

Off the top of my head…

Tower Bridge - 17T Weight Limit
Battersea Bridge - Width Restriction Northbound(Not sure about southbund)

Southwark
Blackfriars
Wandsworth
Vauxhall
London

I have used all of the above in a fully loaded artic and never had a problem or been nicked!

TOWER BRIDGE - 17 TON
BLACKFRIARS BRIDGE - NO LIMIT
SOUTHWARK BRIDGE - NO LIMIT
LONDON BRIDGE - NO LIMIT

cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporat … ridges.htm

hope this helps. :smiley:

As far as I can remember Hammersmith and Battersea Bridges have both width and weight restrictions. I can’t remember seeing an artic on tower bridge but that might be just my memory :confused: (just seen buzzardboys post. There you go!) . Best bet is pick a likely route and check out the bridge approach on Street view. :wink: BB’s list sounds good and I think Chelsea Bridge would be fine as well.

Feel a bit daft now you’ve answered so quick :blush: :blush: will pass the link onto my boss thanks for replying so quick :slight_smile:

try ‘Transport for London’ website www.tfl.gov.uk

Watch the Northbound Blackwall Tunnels height as well as it is much lower than the southbound. Its 4.0m Northbound as far as I can remember.

BuzzardBoy:
Off the top of my head…

Tower Bridge - 17T Weight Limit
Looking back now i was very lucky not to get locked up by goin over tower bridge with an artic :blush: (empty) 14 ish tonnes but plated at 44T was back in the late ninties never recived a ticket :grimacing:

Dogmatix:
Watch the Northbound Blackwall Tunnels height as well as it is much lower than the southbound. Its 4.0m Northbound as far as I can remember.

luton vans get damaged

Once delivered to Guy’s Hospital in London. Was told exactly how to get there and found it no problem. On leaving thought OK, go out here turn right over the bridge ( haven’t a clue which one ) turn right at other end of bridge and head back to M11. Got to bridge and " no right turn sign " so not a problem just keep going ahead till I get to a bridge I can turn right at. Turned right at a bridge ( again haven’t a clue which " at the end of the bridge it was either straight ahead or left so thinking I don’t want to go left away from M11 so went straight ahead, ( a satnav would probably have shown the road looping around so you could actually go to thr right ). Carried on and not far up the road saw a sign " weak underpass 13T mgw ", nwhere to turn around, driving an artic that was almost empty what could I do but press on. Crossed over 3 weak underpasses before I eventually saw the direction sign saying " M11 ", never been as happy to see one of them ever. :blush: :blush:

google lonon lorry ban you will find a site that has online mapping with wheight limits and bridge heights in london they also publish a book which shows every thing including the excluded road network in london very usefull book thinks its about 8 pound to buy