Bridge strikes US style

http://www.prochan.com/view?p=da1_1351183858

Seen this one before, but its amazing that even with that flashing light thing on it that most of them don’t even slow down and gulp a bit at the approach?

That one with the goods train going over at the moment of impact would have been a scary one to watch live. :confused:

wow, it only seems like it was a week since i last saw this vid posted on here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92717

oh yeah, that’s right, it was only a week ago :unamused:

The average American driver has absolutely no awareness of his or her surroundings and drives in a state of tunnel vision, only looking at the 5 meters directly infront of their bonnet. They dont look up, they dont check their mirrors and they dont take evasive action until the very last second, by which time they cause a multiple car pile up. I see it day in, day out. I get sick and tired of having to pull on the air horns as they pull off the most retarding actions you could possibly think of next to my truck. If they were isolated incedents like in the UK that would be one thing, but it happens 20 or 30 times an hour, if not more. While they all drive around in automatic cars that involve no thought process or forward planning to drive, and they give away driving licences in boxes of cornflakes, it will never change.

I can believe about the forward planning in the USA, you see some freeway video footage on those tv shows and they’re all just ploughing in to the back of each other & it’s like, are you blind?

shuttlespanker:

don’t worry Spanky, at your age your memory will fail soon and they will seem new every time they’re posted :grimacing:

Denis F:

shuttlespanker:

don’t worry Spanky, at your age your memory will fail soon and they will seem new every time they’re posted :grimacing:

oooohhhhh, Denis, you ■■■■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lets at least give the guys who actually film this stuff some credit.

11foot8.com

… and its the steel beam that decapitates them before they go under the bridge, that isn’t always clear in the OP’s link.