Bridge Strike USA

Everything’s big in America.

that bridge looks out of place on a modern american highway… still pretty solid though,
and them good old yank trailers with no chassis ■■?
makes me wonder how they can carry a load

And yet the muppet with the camera clearly knew this was going to happen (why else would he follow the truck for that length of time with a hand-held cameraphone?). Why on earth did he not get in front and try to get the truck to stop? Then again, perhaps he did and the truck driver ignored him (or worse).

Very weird. Three lane highway & he’d already gone under 2 that were high enough.

No height on the bridge and the trailer was not a high one either mmmmmmmm :unamused: :unamused:

There is a sign just before the bridge that says 10’ 5" clearance which seems awfully low for what looks like a major route.

From the Youtube description

"

Video taken on Long Island, NY. Trucks here are not supposed to drive on the parkways, due to low overpasses. Earlier today, as I was driving, I saw a tractor trailer driving down the parkway in the right lane. I knew that something was about to happen, and I immediately started recording. Soon after I started recording, the truck struck an overpass, and was obliterated. I pulled over to make sure the driver was okay. He was fine, but clearly upset.

Clearly didn’t try to prevent it

bit of a mess,what a silly man

tallyman:
There is a sign just before the bridge that says 10’ 5" clearance which seems awfully low for what looks like a major route.

Maybe the sign should also say 10 feet 5 but by the time you’ve read this sign it’ll be too late to do anything about it and that’s only the height in lane 2 not lane 1 or 3. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Soon fix that trailer up with a touch of paint and putty.

tallyman:

Pretty normal on some main routes over there. We nearly got stuck with our RV a few years back while heading down a parkway, luckily there was a side turning before the bridge but they’re typical less than 14 feet