Bridge strike shotton

sat eating my dinner today and heard an almighty crash turned round and someone had tried to fit a 16 foot trailer under a 14 foot 3 bridge tds morgan freight driver from another eu country ,with it appeared 2 other drivers with him.After much deliberation and about half an hour trying to find trailer suspension lever tyres were let down and truck reversed out then i think the driver after questioning by police was sent on a bus back to the yard whilst a old hand came to strap up the trailer then recover it. the driver who recovered the vehicle seemed rather ■■■■■■ off to be bringing vehicle back , it seems this bridge which is below shotton station is a regular bridge bash site after talking to officer in charge of the scene,this trailer was 21 inch too tall for this bridge how can you get it so wrong■■?

peterq5422:
sat eating my dinner today and heard an almighty crash turned round and someone had tried to fit a 16 foot trailer under a 14 foot 3 bridge tds morgan freight driver from another eu country ,with it appeared 2 other drivers with him.After much deliberation and about half an hour trying to find trailer suspension lever tyres were let down and truck reversed out then i think the driver after questioning by police was sent on a bus back to the yard whilst a old hand came to strap up the trailer then recover it. the driver who recovered the vehicle seemed rather ■■■■■■ off to be bringing vehicle back , it seems this bridge which is below shotton station is a regular bridge bash site after talking to officer in charge of the scene,this trailer was 21 inch too tall for this bridge how can you get it so wrong■■?

I often wonder this myself, I mean even if I was iffy about it or came across one without warning I still wouldnt shunt it and if it looked close I would proceed with caution i.e head right out of window and driving very slowly :smiley:

Lol, there maybe a vacancy for a new driver then,

i live in connahs quay and its quite a regular occurence,theyve only just finished refurbing it a couple of months ago,theres a slip road closed onto the ind. estate maybe thats why he was where he was because its well signed that its a low bridge