Bridge strike in Stockton on Tees

This happened about an hour and half ago, Portrack roundabout could be closed for up to 5 hours,

gazettelive.co.uk/news/tees … s-18526707

The Stobart…

Family bridge strike curse continues.

Lucky there wasn’t a car right up his jacksie when that came off.

You’d think with an unusual(ish) load of that nature he might just have got a tape measure out before he set off. :unamused:

Couldn’t judge his height because of the frills?

Stobart by name…

That is going to be one hell of an insurance claim. :open_mouth:
Btw, seriously,.was it Stobarts again?.

robroy:
That is going to be one hell of an insurance claim. :open_mouth:
Btw, seriously,.was it Stobarts again?.

WS transportation
One of the same

The road is still closed, checking the bridge and the road might need resurfacing.

I see that Billy’s just as bad as Eddie when it comes to bridge strikes, eh?

Just a stone’s throw from my yard as well!

I might have put some safety shoes and a hard hat on the clipboard holder

They’d of been better off putting the lad on pop like me , then just give him a tet, xet tri & not a tct, ht or a d/d & then he would of been fine

Wheel Nut:
I might have put some safety shoes and a hard hat on the clipboard holder

You mean the woman in the safety heals? Useful for walking in flooded areas I guess.

Wonder if half those people actually have a clue what they are doing as most don’t seem to be doing anything useful.

As for hitting the bridge - didn’t someone in the office start with questions about size of the thing beyond weight?

Doesn’t excuse the driver of course not getting out a tape measure, but just seems lots of people screwing up. Would be expensive if they got to site, measured it and driver said “nope, too tall for trailers”.

Funny thing is he only hit the very last rsj not the first one. :open_mouth:

Beau Nydel:
Funny thing is he only hit the very last rsj not the first one. :open_mouth:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i reckon he was lost following the satnav and was reversing… :wink:

Word on the street (totally uncoroborrated) is that he was carrying steel pipe and one slid off of the back of the trailer. That would explain why it was high enough to strike the bridge I suppose with the back being on the floor and the front end pointing skywards.

the maoster:
Word on the street (totally uncoroborrated) is that he was carrying steel pipe and one slid off of the back of the trailer. That would explain why it was high enough to strike the bridge I suppose with the back being on the floor and the front end pointing skywards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
insecure load now added to careless driving…points win prizes. :cry:

dieseldog999:
insecure load now added to careless driving

Bit harsh…

But correct and funny as ■■■■. :smiley:

dozy:
They’d of been better off putting the lad on pop like me , then just give him a tet, xet tri & not a tct, ht or a d/d & then he would of been fine

What the ■■■■ is that load of ■■■■■ about Dozy?
Speak English please.

dozy:

You using that encrypted phone again. Because your message is still in code

It looks like he was coming from Portrack and heading south on the A19, so if he suspected it was too high why did he not head north on the A19 to the Billingham roundabout, then double back It’s only a couple of miles further