bridge jumper

weewulliewinkie:
but 4 hours surely they could have talked him down much sooner, who knows ?

Thats class :grimacing:

Iā€™m sorry but these people really are numptyā€™s. Just because their own life is [zb]'d up doesnā€™t give them the right to ā– ā– ā– ā–  everyone elses up. There was one tool on the Avonmouth bridge last year or the year before. Bloody hours he was there for, queues back beyond Weston, women having to climb the bank to have a pee, people missing their flight at Bristol airport and in the end he jumped anyway. Prick. Just do it and be done with it. Better still drive to a nice quiet field and get the hose pipe out. Simples. Neil is right with his one warning shot idea.

Right must dash, Iā€™m late for my shift at the Samaritans.

DaiDap:
Iā€™m sorry but these people really are numptyā€™s. Just because their own life is [zb]'d up doesnā€™t give them the right to [zb] everyone elses up. There was one tool on the Avonmouth bridge last year or the year before. Bloody hours he was there for, queues back beyond Weston, women having to climb the bank to have a pee, people missing their flight at Bristol airport and in the end he jumped anyway. Prick. Just do it and be done with it. Better still drive to a nice quiet field and get the hose pipe out. Simples. Neil is right with his one warning shot idea.

Right must dash, Iā€™m late for my shift at the Samaritans.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TonyCBR:

weewulliewinkie:
did anyone else get stuck on the m6 at preston today, what a nightmare 4+ hours from one end to other because some numpty wanted to jump
from the bridge at longridge, i cant get home tonight, what a prick :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Thats a bit harsh fella, did you once think that this person might be in such turmoil that the only way out is to jump? Thought not.

If you get a chance watch a program called ā€œone underā€ itā€™s on 4OD, it was a program about tube drivers who have delt first hand with jumpers. It also interviewed a widow.
Desperation and depression leads you into roads unknown, And unless you knowingly have a reason to turn the page, you will inevitably turn to suicide, wether that be jumping, pills, cutting or even a gun.
Take a minute out and try to think about how the other person must feel.

No, i think about the poor bugger like the train/truck driver who has to live with it :imp: through absolutely no fault of their own whatsoever :confused:

bazza123:
Maybe some of the more unsympathetic people on here would do well to watch the programme. And as for calling someone who was threatening to jump a ā€œnumptyā€, just think if that was your son or daughter. :confused:

Just think maybe they the parents/friends etc should have stepped in sooner :unamused:

Stop the traffic if need be, make it public knowledge you have 15 mins absolute tops to do it or stop being a prick and be forced one way or the other :imp:

I think of the hospital surgeon unable to get to work, leaving many more peopleā€™s life hanging by a thread, delayed life saving operations, the ambulances stuck in the congestion with genuinely ill people on board, the fire service unable to get to a job quickly, and even those people on a once in a lifetime appointment to get married or go on honeymoon to the airport.

Time to stop looking at the ā€œsmallā€ picture sometimes and force an issue for the greater good :confused:

Drag the *******s down witha minimum one year jail or treatment term to think about their actions :frowning:

I thought you guys might like to see the final story about this guyā€™s episode;ā€¦

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/traffic-and-transport/m6_stand_off_man_wanted_to_send_signal_1_1190179

The real Biffo:
I thought you guys might like to see the final story about this guyā€™s episode;ā€¦

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/traffic-and-transport/m6_stand_off_man_wanted_to_send_signal_1_1190179

Ummmmmm :unamused:

I donā€™t see the point in getting ā€˜wound upā€™ over something you have no control over. Itā€™s ā€˜lifeā€™ and ā– ā– ā– ā–  happens, get over it. :grimacing:
As for the 'tard on the Bridge, after reading some of the comments on here, youā€™d have ā€˜madeā€™ him ā€˜fallā€™, even though it seems he had no intention of going over. We have no idea what heā€™s been through or whatā€™s going on in his life, not everybody can ā€˜copeā€™ with life as well as the next Person when the ā– ā– ā– ā–  hits the fan.

The real Biffo:

i rest my case, and it took them 4 hours to find that out :frowning: :unamused:

When i was doing the multi drop bit a few years ago,i was in the unfortunate position to be very close (about 15ā€™) to a guy who jumped from the top floor of a car park. I was at the rear of a delivery point, stood on the tail-lift just shutting it up ready to head back. Being born/bred in Reading, i always had somebody shouting at me from various types of vehicle but this time as i looked round when i heard somebody shout, i saw a body about 10 feet from the groundā€¦it hit the pavement with the most disgusting sound i have ever heardā€¦on impact,the contents of his head instantly appeared because of the contact he had made on the way down with a wallā€¦blood continued to pump for a few minutes until there was not much more to pump and his body was covered by a car park attendant who got some tarps. 2 WPCā€™s (who were at the scene prior to him jumping as were officers up top trying to talk him out of it) were absolutely hysterical, i had pumped up all the contents of my stomach, i was shocked to the bone and shaking like mad. The road had been closed and after a while i felt the need to got out of the areaā€¦i tried to get a WPCā€™s attention so that she would move her car/police tape that had been put up around my vehicle but she didnā€™t notice me flapping my arms. All i could do was to walk past the mess that was left and pull her to one side. Let me say now that fresh organs smell absolutely disgusting and (all bar a burning body in a car smash on the A23 about 20 yrs ago that i was helping some others to try n pull the unconcious driver from before it caught fire) is something i will never forget. I tried to drive the truck back but got about 5 miles out of Reading n had to call the boss for someone to come n take overā€¦i couldnā€™t do it. It later turned out that he had jumped because he couldnā€™t afford the mortgage re-payments on his new house that he had got with his g/f not long earlier in the yearā€¦he was about 34 if i remember. Needless to say, i never went to the drop or car park again but when i drive past it, i can still picture the scene as clear as the day it happened.

The public know how to deal with them in China.

peirre:
Only 4hrs late
A few years ago the M1 was shut 32-33 with a jumper, so everyone diverted onto the A1 unfortunately on the N/B A1 there was a serious fatal accident just short of the M18 the car driver was squashed between 2 trucks, they only recovered his ashes after the subsequent fire resulting in both the M1 & A1 being shut for around 7hrs. Even then I didnā€™t complain as several lives where ruined that day.
Death, carnage and disruption on the roads are everyday hazards we face & have to accept as part of the job

Wonder if that accident (the fatality on the A1) would have happened if 32 - 33 of the M1 wasnā€™t shut due to the selfish attention seeker?

Im sorry but most ā€œjumpersā€ are attention seekers in my opinion. Who the ā– ā– ā– ā–  goes just 30ft up to commit sucide NO u go to the top of canary wharf and jump. like that bird who bought a 1 way ticket to san francisco and jumped off the golden gate bridge. If ya gonna do it, do it properly.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Im sorry but most ā€œjumpersā€ are attention seekers in my opinion. Who the [zb] goes just 30ft up to commit sucide NO u go to the top of canary wharf and jump. like that bird who bought a 1 way ticket to san francisco and jumped off the golden gate bridge. If ya gonna do it, do it properly.

No not canary wharf where it affects someone/anyone else, just do it quietly and inconspicuosly pls :confused:

Follow the thread :smiley: