Bridge Heights

Hi all,

When a bridge says its 14’‘, does that mean i can take 14’’ truck thru or is only 13’11’’ allowed?

Thanks

Well iv came to a 14ft 6 bridge well running at 14ft 6 but be carefully has the road been resurfaced or not

The bridge height is the safe clearance height so in your example,yes 14 is ok but not like a lunatic.

Sorry,I didn’t read your post properly…with a 14" truck you can go as fast as you can push it :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

so its ok but proceed with caution…

does anybody know how high Blackwell tunnel in London is??

gurj254:

Northbound is 13ft 0in southbound is 15ft 6in

ShropsBri:
Sorry,I didn’t read your post properly…with a 14" truck you can go as fast as you can push it :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

if you’ve got a 14" truck you must be a littie fella. :smiley:

Trev_H:

gurj254:

Northbound is 4.0 Meters

4 metres = 13.1233596 feet (13 feet 1 31⁄64 inch) - According to Google

13.4 feet according to TfL - tfl.gov.uk/assets/emails/fre … tunnel.pdf

Nearly all tractor units are 4.0 meters (as I believe is the max height in europe - may be wrong)

I would go off the Meters of your trailer, if 4 or below, go for it.

The reason that it is signposted 13ft 0in is something to do with the TSGRD (Traffic Signs Manual)

trubster:

Trev_H:

gurj254:

Northbound is 4.0 Meters

4 metres = 13.1233596 feet (13 feet 1 31⁄64 inch) - According to Google

13.4 feet according to TfL - tfl.gov.uk/assets/emails/fre … tunnel.pdf

Nearly all tractor units are 4.0 meters (as I believe is the max height in europe - may be wrong)

I would go off the Meters of your trailer, if 4 or below, go for it.

The reason that it is signposted 13ft 0in is something to do with the TSGRD (Traffic Signs Manual)

Yes, for years it was marked 13ft 4ins , then 4.0 metres ■■? the signs now read 13ft.

Trev_H:
Yes, for years it was marked 13ft 4ins , then 4.0 metres ■■? the signs now read 13ft.

this is why

whatdotheyknow.com/request/ … bound_blac

trubster:
‘… 4.0 Meters … 4 metres … 4.0 meters … Meters … 13ft 0in is something to do with the TSGRD (Traffic Signs Manual)…’

‘…Metres…’ my ■■■■ :wink:

I’d sooner trust in honest Imperial via an arguably obscure ‘Manual’ rather than any unmandated, half-cocked and half-smuggled-in & broadly unwanted metric, federal claptrap :smiley:

Happy Keith:

trubster:
‘… 4.0 Meters … 4 metres … 4.0 meters … Meters … 13ft 0in is something to do with the TSGRD (Traffic Signs Manual)…’

I’d sooner trust in honest Imperial via an arguably obscure ‘Manual’ rather than any unmandated, half-cocked and half-smuggled-in & broadly unwanted metric, federal claptrap :smiley:

If I had a trailer that was 4.0 Meters 13’6" I would go through (and have been) the B/Wall N/B

If it says 4 Meters and your trailer is 4 Meters (Unless you have a Skoda) then you will be fine

gurj254:
Hi all,

When a bridge says its 14’‘, does that mean i can take 14’’ truck thru or is only 13’11’’ allowed?

Thanks

What’s the difference between “fishing” and “phishing”?

trubster:

Happy Keith:

trubster:
‘… 4.0 Meters …’ etc

‘…Metres…’ etc

‘…If I had a trailer …’ etc

PM sent

the maoster:

gurj254:
Hi all,

Thanks

What’s the difference between “fishing” and “phishing”?

They sound the same but both very different meanings

fish·ing [fish-ing]
noun
the act of catching fish.
the technique, occupation, or diversion of catching fish.
a place or facility for catching fish.

phishing (ˈfɪʃɪŋ)

– n
the practice of using fraudulent e-mails and copies of legitimate websites to extract financial data from computer users for purposes of identity theft

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t know why we don’t have just 1 universal measurement unit, most trailers only in meters and bridges in both, petrol station canopies in meters too

trubster:

Happy Keith:

trubster:

If I had a trailer that was 4.0 Meters 13’6" I would go through (and have been) the B/Wall N/B

If it says 4 Meters and your trailer is 4 Meters (Unless you have a Skoda) then you will be fine

4m 13’6■■

trubster:

Happy Keith:

trubster:

I tried going through with a 4m trailer and the running height was 3.95m and I set the alarms off and had use the slip road.