Bridge Heights in Europe

Can anyone point me to a list of minimum heights for marked bridges in different countries in Europe?

Harry for GERMANY you will need to buy the
following,FALK BUS & TRUCKER ATLAS
ITcosts €50 and is well worth it, shows not only all bridge
heights but much more infomation that a truckdriver can use,
also it has maps for some citys and other countrys as well,
it also shows all the parkinmg areas on the germany motorway.
and the distance between exits,

if your boss is in RHa they will have info
but as we have members in most foreign countries i suppose time will lead to the info

For France try Googleing La Girafe lamy,not for the faint hearted at almost 300euros.Not 100% accurate,as it doesn’t mention a 4.8m bridge north of Moulins & tells of a 4.9m one near Gien which you go over.
Also at Lyon there is a bridge marked at 4.5m so you have to pay the gendarmes to take you thro’ Lyon,I’ve been under it at 4.9m. :sunglasses:

brit pete:
Harry for GERMANY you will need to buy the
following,FALK BUS & TRUCKER ATLAS
ITcosts €50

But the cheapest and easiest way, is a quick look in the Euro Drivers Info Point, at the top of this forum. In the General Information bit there’s a link to a document from the European Transport Ministers office, which gives you the maximum dimensions of trucks in the various countries of Europe.

In the UK, unmarked bridges are at least 16’6" (at least 5.0m?).
In Germany, Switzerland and Holland they don’t mark bridges of over 4.0m, I’m not sure about Belgium.
Why mark a bridge of over 4.0m, when nothing should be over that height anyway?
Anything which is over that height is an ‘oversize load’, which would mean notifying the authorities, who would have to (presumably) inform you of an approved route. They would probably do that by putting you in contact with one of their approved ■■■■■■ services, who would know all the heights of all the bridges and the route to use to go around them if necessary. No doubt this sort of ■■■■■■ service doesn’t come cheap…

Why not sit little Harry on the roof with a walkie talkie !!! Would keep him out of mischief

Simon,I used to pull trailers from Rotterdam to Greece In the early ‘90’s.Even went thro’ Le tunnel du Chat,but refused on the Ancona-Patras ferry ‘cos I was 4.3m.
I hit the bar at the tunnel du Chat,but still got thro’.I believe I would be banned now.
I cant remember offhand which company’s trailer it was ,but my boss was a rascal called John Carter.Hi John,if you’re lurking. :sunglasses:

DaveL:
Simon,I used to pull trailers from Rotterdam to Greece In the early ‘90’s.Even went thro’ Le tunnel du Chat,but refused on the Ancona-Patras ferry ‘cos I was 4.3m.
I hit the bar at the tunnel du Chat,but still got thro’.I believe I would be banned now.
I cant remember offhand which company’s trailer it was ,but my boss was a rascal called John Carter.Hi John,if you’re lurking. :sunglasses:

That was then, they tend to be stricter now.

Fair play Simon.But I always say when I did these jobs.
The regulations where the same back then,but I bet the bridges haven’t shrunk.Holland IS 4.0m limit,but their trailers aren’t.