Bridge height

On Friday,I’m going to Saltney near Chester,a place I haven’t been to for years.

Between Chester City centre and Saltney,there is a railway bridge,and I can’t remember what height it is.The reason I want to know,is because the last time I went there,it was in a 4 wheeler,whereas this time,I’ll be pulling a 15ft6in double deck trailer.

So does anyone have any idea how high this bridge is?

Also.does anyone know of a website that lists bridge height information? I’ve tried various search engines,but so far haven’t come up with anything.And when I get my ■■■ in gear,I’ll get an AA Truckers map of Britain.

Ken.

Have just checked my truckers atlas. If i am reading it right and you are going to be on the A5104 then the bridge height is 15ft 0".

Having just consulted my decidedly tatty bridge heights atlas, and my trusty county street atlas on which I also handmark dodgy bridges, you’ll have to drop your suspension, let the air out of your tyres and duck down below your steering wheel, it’s only 15’. Thats if it’s the bridge on the A5104.
Suggested route is, use the A483 southbound onto the by-pass A55, head towards Broughton come off at the next exit for Broughton and the airport and turn right at the roundabout heading back into Chester, once again on the A5104.

Hi Ken,
I know the bridge you mean.
I think it’s signed 15 ft., so I wouldn’t chance it with the double decker.
Instead, stay on the A55 Chester Southerly Bypass, past the A483 Wrexham sliproad to the next one, signposted Broughton.
New roundabout on sliproad, turn right.Pass through the retail park on your right (Tesco,etc) till you reach a roundabout with the aircraft factory facing you.Third exit right signposted Saltney. You are then approaching Saltney from the Welsh side. :wink:
If your drop is in River Lane industrial estate,its the last left turn, just before the offending railway bridge! (Kwik Save on corner).

Graham.

Many thanks to you all.I know the Kwik Save well,I used to work for Exel delivering to them!! I’m actually delivering to Poundstretcher,so it looks like I’ll be coming around the A55 and in from the Welsh side.Handy really,as I’m coming from Wrexham.The only down side is my next drop is in Macclesfield,(Planners,don’t you love 'em) so I’ll have to go back around the way I’ve come.

Ken.

Happy New Year to you all

Ken,

I’ve sent you a P. M.

Graham.

Thanks Graham.Message received.

Ken.

Graham.

Directions were spot on,apart from the bridge.It’s a sandy colour not blue!!! :laughing:

What amazed me was the fact I once deliverd to GT Owens cash and carry across the road years ago,but it’s now derelict,and I see that 9’3" bridge is still there.Not recommended for a 15’6" double deck trailer.

Many thanks

Ken.