Bridge height or Trailer height

Oh dear yet another thread that shows the DCPC is necessary. :unamused:

ibson:
Be careful if the Tarmac is new! They do tend to relay higher and not bother to replace the sign! Also try and hit the crown on the road right. We have done jobs where we have taken beacons off machines, dropped air and even taken plenty of tyres and tracked the machine under minus the trailer!

If you had got there earlier you would have seen them scraping the old surface off and selling them as scalpings :wink: You missed the drinkings for the lads!

Reaper KH:

Harry Monk:

Reaper KH:
at the end of the day would anyone go under a bridge the same height as the trailer… not me

More times than I care to remember. If I’ve got a 13’ 3" trailer on, I’ll go under a 13’ 3" bridge.

is it a case of shut your eyes and squeeze those ■■■■ cheeks tightly :smiley:

No mate, it’ll go, just a heads up though, if you’re driving a scumia, keep the lift axle down :wink:

Harry Monk:

Reaper KH:
at the end of the day would anyone go under a bridge the same height as the trailer… not me

More times than I care to remember. If I’ve got a 13’ 3" trailer on, I’ll go under a 13’ 3" bridge.

^^^^

What he said

I’ve been under many a 3.9m bridge in Europe with a 4.0m trailer on, most notably one on the way to Crepy, not far from Senlis Peage. You come round a blind bend to be confronted with a 3.9m Bridge, by the time your brain has registered your halfway under and gone! Oh happy days!!

Wheel Nut:

ibson:
Be careful if the Tarmac is new! They do tend to relay higher and not bother to replace the sign! Also try and hit the crown on the road right. We have done jobs where we have taken beacons off machines, dropped air and even taken plenty of tyres and tracked the machine under minus the trailer!

If you had got there earlier you would have seen them scraping the old surface off and selling them as scalpings :wink: You missed the drinkings for the lads!

We do a fair bit of tarmacing, They only tend to scrape off enough to key in the top coat if it’s just a resurface. No one wants Tarmac scalping anymore, not for new build anyway, we aren’t allowed to use it on any of our jobs!