Bridge collapse

Just heard that the new bridge at Barton on the M60 has collapsed.

They are building a new road with a lifting bridge over the ship canal.

Seems typical of today’s workmanship. No doubt they’ll all pass the blame about and it will be paid for by taxpayers money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … e-11337534

It’d be interesting to find out where the steel for the bridge was sourced from…

the maoster:
It’d be interesting to find out where the steel for the bridge was sourced from…

Sounds more like the lift mechanism gave way . Either way I don’t think I’d wanna trust it :wink:

the maoster:

It will. Just seen an interview with the project manager who said “the cables snapped”. Wouldn’t like to be the party that signed them off.

Pretty shocking really, but good job it went now before it was live with queuing traffic either side & a ship underneath.

rob22888:

the maoster:

It will. Just seen an interview with the project manager who said “the cables snapped”. Wouldn’t like to be the party that signed them off.

Pretty shocking really, but good job it went now before it was live with queuing traffic either side & a ship underneath.

Somebody’s got their calculations wrong I think, things like this shouldn’t happen in this country maybe a third world country but not ours.

bald bloke:
Somebody’s got their calculations wrong I think, things like this shouldn’t happen in this country maybe a third world country but not ours.

When that fly over collapsed in India a few months back I remember thinking, that never happens over here.

I guess it does now :open_mouth:

I drove right past that last week, it had a container up on there and some sort of JCB. Bet that wasn’t pretty when all that came down :open_mouth:

rob22888:

the maoster:

If you look on one side of the towers there are no cables attached, on the other side the cables are still there, definitely looks like the cables have snapped.

Ossie

New build Schools falling down, new build bridges falling down.

Either compaines are cutting corners to eeeek out more profit or this current generation are ■■■■■■■ hopeless at building stuff.

image.jpeg

merc0447:
New build Schools falling down, new build bridges falling down.

Either compaines are cutting corners to eeeek out more profit or this current generation are [zb] hopeless at building stuff.

Everything is being built to a price, you only need to have a look at the state of the Tesco super stores + DCs built in the last few years, absolutely shocking :unamused:

I was in a brand new “trade counter” type gaff this morning, and the manager was showing me the “workmanship”…again, shocking :open_mouth:

Terry T:

bald bloke:

When that fly over collapsed in India a few months back I remember thinking, that never happens over here.

I drove right past that last week, it had a container up on there and some sort of JCB. Bet that wasn’t pretty when all that came down :open_mouth:

Makes me wonder, maybe it wasn’t designed to be kept elevated for months with containers and JCBs on it. Could have put undue strain on it??

rob22888:

Terry T:

bald bloke:

Makes me wonder, maybe it wasn’t designed to be kept elevated for months with containers and JCBs on it. Could have put undue strain on it??

If a few containers and a teleporter caused it to go down then someone is deffo going to be looking for a new occupation.