Bridge basher of the week!

This one reminds me of a bump that a new start at my old work had a couple of years ago. He was sent out in a wee 14 tonner MAN. It was 11’ 7" tall. He drove through this bridge trying to get to Linlithgow Sports Centre. After he had drove all the way under it, he then called the depot to tell them he had “scuffed the lorry a wee bit”. They told him to continue with his run, which he did. Upon return to the depot, they found that you could see into the top of the box and it was completely buckled. Needless to say the vehicle was written off and the guy was promptly relieved of his duties.

Whoa , hold fast , why the long face ?
TNCSI putting the cart before the horse again i see :open_mouth:
Did the sat-nag say " 1 furlong ahead - churn around when possible , you have pasture turning" ?

11’ 7" truck thru 9’6" bridge, some special talent is needed for this maneuver :laughing: :laughing:

did the driver get his oats the night before if yes maybe lack of sleep if no maybe he was trotting home quicker to get said oats :smiley: :smiley: could have been worse he may have got porridge instead

HAIRYGORILLA:
did the driver get his oats the night before if yes maybe lack of sleep if no maybe he was trotting home quicker to get said oats :smiley: :smiley: could have been worse he may have got porridge instead

Oy, I resemble that remark!

Colin, I must say your avatar is quite disturbing - more so than Dave the Dipper’s.

windrush:
Reading the comments it seems that the bridge height signs had been removed, could a claim be in order?

Pete.

Nah, but a 9’8" claiming stakes might be appropriate here… :smiley:

Goldilox:

HAIRYGORILLA:

Oy, I resemble that remark!

Colin, I must say your avatar is quite disturbing - more so than Dave the Dipper’s.

Did that guy say “He never leaves an oat” of the horse, or was it misheard from “He never leaves a note”? :unamused:

Hay you can’t go under that!

And as they come around the first bend and oh there has been a faller at bridges …

Dolph:
11’ 7" truck thru 9’6" bridge, some special talent is needed for this maneuver :laughing: :laughing:

I know places that would’ve promoted him instead of sacking him!

yeah Stallbarts

Hoof of thought it, another bridge strike.

Nay it’ll cost a pony or two to fettle that box :unamused:

Not exactly a bridge, but quite spectacular.

tinyurl.com/qylmo8b

how about this ‘bridge basher’ here?

nobodysdriving:

Train delays as Halfords lorry stuck under Beckenham bridge - BBC News

Old news pal…its done the rounds more than alan wicker :unamused:

seth 70:

nobodysdriving:

No Seth it’s a new crash, same bridge, same company again lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

seth 70:

nobodysdriving:

No Seth it’s a new crash, same bridge, same company again lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

seth 70:

tango boy:

seth 70:

nobodysdriving:

Yep :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Edit sorry the two bridges are a mile apart, still funny lol

seth 70:

tango boy:

It’s a new bridge strike by the same company, according to the article it’s not the same bridge but it’s less than a mile away from the one last year :open_mouth:

tachograph:

seth 70:

tango boy:

It’s a new bridge strike by the same company, according to the article it’s not the same bridge but it’s less than a mile away from the one last year :open_mouth:

Yeah just read the article again, still funny lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: