Bricks

Hi can anyone give me some info on strapping bricks in a curtainsider.
Am collecting 26 pallets from Marshells tomoz paperwork says i need 12 straps but i only have 7 as its a backload from scotland and wasnt informed before i left.
Rang TM he said just go there n see what happens.
Any info would be great cheers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I collected a full trailer load from Marshalls in Halifax last week, and they insist you have 12 ratchets and straps.

They load you with 24 pallets (obviously 12 a side) and ask you where you want the extras situated. I picked up 30 pallets and situated the extra 6 in the middle between the fifth wheel and forward of the tri axles.

You won’t need corners, it’s unlikely your load will move at all unless you drive like a ■■■■. Just strap over the top.

Some depots will check your load, others don’t. If they check and you don’t have the required 12 straps, they will not let you take the load. (Back covering).

Great cheers thats what i was trying to tell my tm.

I wouldn’t strap them. They won’t move.

You are right Eric. Without 12 straps they won’t be moving anywhere :wink:

I’ve moved a few in my time without any straps, on dropsides and curtainsiders.

Only 7 straps ? What kind of a tin pot out fit do you work for :unamused:

Punchy Dan:

I’ve got more than that on my 18t van
I regularly use 6 and if cable drums could be 3 a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your back-load of bricks will be cancelled, apparently Donald Trump is buying up all the bricks for a wall he wants to build :smiley: :wink:

tachograph:
Your back-load of bricks will be cancelled, apparently Donald Trump is buying up all the bricks for a wall he wants to build :smiley: :wink:

Bricks are for the tortoises. I’m thinking like the hare. Anyway America doesn’t need bricks for a wall. I’ve been selling cactuses to Mexicans for years. They like to plant them in the desert. Keeps the septics out, the spikes prick their fat bellies. Big sellers the cactuses.

No, I set up an online business trading in kittens. I plan to export to the US. I heard T-rump is a big fan of cats. He grabs them whenever he can, says he can’t help it. I’m hedging it’ll be part of his first policies so I want in on a big trade deal.

Punchy Dan:

Read the op!!!

pompeymark:
Hi can anyone give me some info on strapping bricks in a curtainsider.
Am collecting 26 pallets from Marshells tomoz paperwork says i need 12 straps but i only have 7 as its a backload from scotland and wasnt informed before i left.
Rang TM he said just go there n see what happens.
Any info would be great cheers.

Yeh read it ,if you need to be informed you need more than 7 straps it’s a poor do ,it’s like a flatbed not carrying a sheet .

How did you get on Mark?

eagerbeaver:
How did you get on Mark?

He’s still there, they are having a hunt for 5 more straps! :smiley:

May he’s bricking it ,although by now it should be in the net :wink:

Trumps been on the phone, wants to know why his bricks aren’t on the boat yet

tommymanc:

Tell him they are a bit strapped for load restraints

tommymanc:

An irish lorry would have got to the boat in time.

Sorted.

I’ve done both before. First time with ratchets and second time with internals. Unless they insist on ratchets then do what you feel. The time I took them on internals I threw a ratchet over the stack at the back and one over a single stack in the middle of the trailer at the front as the internals wouldn’t make contact with it. Also I’d ratchet anything double stacked as well regardless of whether the place insists or not.