Brian Mathers (Little brian) R.I.P

its so nice to see u put my dad on there terry clarkstone 12 years today hes been gone I remember brian rip brian my grandad died 7 years ago to john moody ( horbie ) he worked for Thompson jewitt to

that name rings a bell, maybe I would have known him from Dave Riby’s
RIP Driver

Fallmonk:
Didnt know the guy , but with the posts on here it sounds like he was a well liked guy , so im sorry to hear of his death and my thoughts are with his family

This!!!
Always sad to hear of the passing of a proper old school driver!
No angel, liked a drink and yet always got the job done.
Proper driver!

RIP , thoughts & prayers are with the family and friends.

RIP, and condolences to family and friends!

He died in 2007…

You are a strange lot on here.A truck driver dies and everyone sends their condolences.There is another thread where a coach driver died and there are no comments.
It is the same when a car driver or a cyclist is killed.
This sort of discrimination says a lot about people.
Very sad.

TRUCKnet uk.

I was just looking for stuff about my dad and found this that’s y I commented

God bless ya son, one of the old school, and sounds like i would have enjoyed a weekend away with him, ( maybe i did at some time ) R.I.P. and condolences to those you left behind.

PEDRO2007:
I was just looking for stuff about my dad and found this that’s y I commented

No offence meant. I knew your dad terry and he was a good man. One of the proper old school drivers. I did my first Italian trip for Rh with your dad.

That’s really nice thanks jb I love hearing stuff about my dad wots yr name jb I might remember u

Jon Hallam. I was there from around 1999 to 2005. (I think… Lol)

I remember the name can’t put a face to it lol I remember quite a few drivers I used to love going with my dad being weekended at carisio driving down to Reggio on the toe of Italy just being with my dad in the truck was brill I hope to get my lgv wen my points come off my licence lol

Brian was a european veteran of 30+ years experience.
Very fond of a pint or two but ALWAYS did his job
Worked for various companys . Thompson jewitt and Rh being the main ones
Sadly brian passed away on friday evening after being diagnosed with bone and lung cancer approximately 5 weeks ago.
My dad knew brian before i was born and he was a good mate to both of us
R.I.P mate

Sad news, best wishes to his family and friends.

Sad end. you don’t happen to have a snap do you…? I am sure a lot of us on here would recognise him. The guy I am thinking of on RH was short & had a beard.

By the sound of it another good lad gone, and way too soon.

RIP

fox

No photos unfortunately but he also had a long spell with Riby out of Hull and finished up with I think JTM in Wakefield. He only returned from Spain at the beginning of December on a Saturday complaining of a pain in his leg. In hospital by the Tuesday with terminal cancer. Rest easy now

brian was a little guy, very thin, he looked like he hadn’t got a backside in his pants.
he used to be away a lot, loved it he did.
after princess diana died he used to have an A4 sized picture of her in his window (renault magnum on RH).
he didn’t speak any languages but managed to get by for most of his life driving abroad.
he liked bingo and if you were ever weekended with him in the uk he always tried to drag you off to the local bingo hall.
he wasn’t an angel and loved a beer.
he also worked for riby (european road freight) he had a magnum there too, he worked for them twice over the past five years.

i suppose i can delete his phone number from my mobile now.

brian had a good life - he rarely complained unless you brought him home, for some reason he prefferred to stay away.
he was a regular visitor to carisio in italy and often volunteered for christmas and new year runs when he used to take his wife along with him to see christmas and new year in abroad, he didn’t really care if it wasn’t italy for christmas - he would volunteer for anywhere if italy wasn’t available.
he would probably be in his sixties and not looking forward to retirement.

RIP brian - i can see him now drinking spludgen at the carisio in the sky, with a case of bottles back at the cab for finishing the night off.