Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

hkloss1:
…and while , thanks to Brexit , we are getting our beloved pounds and ounces back, Germany, the country every Brexiter and his dog wanted to harm by leaving the EU is planned to be getting a $95 bllion state of the art chip producing plant, bringing a lot of very well paying jobs to the country.
There is still chance , some other EU countries are going to be getting some investment, but Germany is at top of the list.

Unfortunately Brexit Britain has been rulled out, because, as stated:

U.K. ruled out

The new Intel chip center is exactly the kind of prestigious project U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson aims to bring to his country as part of his drive to make it a global tech hub, and the U.K. is already a semiconductor innovator in its own right thanks to cutting-edge chip designer ARM. Yet the Intel boss ruled out situating the mega-fab there, given that an individual country on its own would not have the financial firepower to help Intel realize its plans without the added backing of a supranational body like the European Union.

“We’re only considering the EU,” he clarified, pausing on each of the two letters to ensure there could be no confusion. “To have the capital at this level, it has to be an EU-level project. The market has to be an EU-level market.”

fortune.com/2021/09/10/intel-ce … -advanced/

…anyway, lets just enjoy the benefits of our Brexit

Every Brexiter wants to harm Germany?

Spent 10 years living there and love the place.

Stereotyping a political position you oppose does you no favours.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

hkloss1:
…and while , thanks to Brexit , we are getting our beloved pounds and ounces back, Germany, the country every Brexiter and his dog wanted to harm by leaving the EU is planned to be getting a $95 bllion state of the art chip producing plant, bringing a lot of very well paying jobs to the country.
There is still chance , some other EU countries are going to be getting some investment, but Germany is at top of the list.

Unfortunately Brexit Britain has been rulled out, because, as stated:

U.K. ruled out

The new Intel chip center is exactly the kind of prestigious project U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson aims to bring to his country as part of his drive to make it a global tech hub, and the U.K. is already a semiconductor innovator in its own right thanks to cutting-edge chip designer ARM. Yet the Intel boss ruled out situating the mega-fab there, given that an individual country on its own would not have the financial firepower to help Intel realize its plans without the added backing of a supranational body like the European Union.

“We’re only considering the EU,” he clarified, pausing on each of the two letters to ensure there could be no confusion. “To have the capital at this level, it has to be an EU-level project. The market has to be an EU-level market.”

fortune.com/2021/09/10/intel-ce … -advanced/

…anyway, lets just enjoy the benefits of our Brexit

Germany, top of the list.? There is a surprise. From its inception, Germany has always been top of the list. Knowing other countries could not afford to devalue their currencies during the creation of the EU, Germany has enjoyed its advantage ever since. The German economy turns over billions more than any other EU country, and they of course, want to retain the status quo, with the belief that ‘not everyone profits equally from a single market, but everyone gains’. Succour, I am sure, for the Greeks, Italians and Spanish etc.
The EU is just a de facto Franco-German corrupt superstate, and whilst the UK will suffer in the short term, the transformation of the economy will benefit the UK in the long term. The obvious short term gain is we are not a magnet for the dross of Europe to come here and play the system to their benefit, and then have them crow to us how they are essential workers, whilst undermining our economy at the same time.

Where is Franglais??
MIA from the brexit thread.

I see the French have got their calotes in a twist over our multi million defence pact with the US and Australia, to build submarines.
Had their les nez put firmly pushed out of the deal. :smiley:
Do you think maybe they have suddenly realised we can carry on fine without them and the rest of their club merci,.after all ?

robroy:
I see the French have got their calotes in a twist over our multi million defence pact with the US and Australia, to build submarines.
Do you think maybe they have suddenly realised we can carry on fine without them and the rest of their club merci,.after all ?

I’ve been waiting several days now for either Franglais or Hkloss to post the link for this new UK/USA/Aus deal … I mean after all we know they love posting a link, so come on guys where are they?

tmcassett:

robroy:

I’ve been waiting several days now for either Franglais or Hkloss to post the link for this new UK/USA/Aus deal … I mean after all we know they love posting a link, so come on guys where are they?

No chance, it’s only the negative stuff they concentrate on…and revel in. :unamused:
However when they read this you can sure as hell bet they will put some negative spin or dampner on it. :laughing:

robroy:

I dunno - we’re gonna be living like mad max by xmas if it carries on as it’s doing.

tmcassett:

Franglais
Last visited:Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:48 pm
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

JeffA:

robroy:

I dunno - we’re gonna be living like mad max by xmas if it carries on as it’s doing.

How so exactly?
The Russians and the Chinese have been bearing their collective teeth for the last 10 years or so, or since 1945 if you want to be precise.
What’s the answer …appeasement?
In my life I’ve always found it better to show a potential ‘opponent’’ (in any sense of the word) that they do not frighten you…even if they did in one or two occasions that I remember. :blush: :laughing:

No gas, no meat, no two veg…it’s looking bad…

JeffA:
No gas, no meat, no two veg…it’s looking bad…

Right,.I thought you were kn about potential WW3. :smiley:

Listened to the news today, the gas or Co2 supposed shortage was not blamed on Brexit by a supposed expert, the other two was blamed on the ‘driver shortage’ and a guy who farmed turkey’s was calling for the Govt to allow foreign workers back in. :unamused:
Maybe he should look at making his job vacancies more attractive to home grown potential workers.

Your cynicism even extends to experts in CO2 now does it? :slight_smile:

We MUST keep up our meat and two veg…

JeffA:
Your cynicism even extends to experts in CO2 now does it? :slight_smile:

We MUST keep up our meat and two veg…

I’m always wary of any ‘experts’ in any field mate, ,.as they are always usually dragged out to display their ‘expertise’ to justify some kind of ■■■■ up or another…or to turn the thumb screws if you are in some sort of bother. :smiley:
So the answer to your question is yes. :smiley:

Basically I don’t trust anybody…except friends and family. :laughing:

Who CAN you trust? Except yourself and the first five Black Sabbath albums?

JeffA:
Who CAN you trust? Except yourself and the first five Black Sabbath albums?

Can’t even trust them, the first 2 have subliminal messages on them when you play em backwards…which set off the voices in my head again. :smiley:

robroy:

If the roles were reversed and it had been our contract cancelled no one would ever be allowed to forget it we’d ■■■■■ and moan so much. One of few things we are world class at, whinging. Bit of a crap move by Australia imo

switchlogic:

robroy:

If the roles were reversed and it had been our contract cancelled no one would ever be allowed to forget it we’d ■■■■■ and moan so much. One of few things we are world class at, whinging. Bit of a crap move by Australia imo

Ok, but who cares,…it’s the French. :bulb:

switchlogic:

robroy:

Why?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

switchlogic:

robroy:

Why? They are getting a better product and building them within Australia, when it comes to matters miltary Europe is completly irrelevent in terms of equipment and the will to follow it through, ask anyone who served in Afghanistan about the competency of European armies or the will of their governments to take casualties, Read the book by Adam Jowett called No Way Out, the first chapter explains why UK had to deploy to that location, the Danish government thought it was too dangerous and so withdraw their forces, HELLO you deployed them to a war zone of course it’s dangerous

> JeffA:
> No gas, no meat, no two veg…it’s looking bad…

On the other hand, if that was the result of a quick grab test in Thailand, things would be looking good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: