Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

whisperingsmith:
> Mazzer2:
> But as I pointed out if you keep on selecting unelectable people how are you going to change things you perceive to be wrong?

Unfortunately, almost anyone challenging the Tory/UKIP party is unelectable, until the Billionaire Newspaper owners like Rupert Murdoch & Tax avoiders like Reece Mogg are made to follow some sort of code of conduct whereby alternatives are given a fair press, rather than the twisted vitriol they currently face.

The treatment of Corbyn relative to Shagger Johnson is a prime example, and I say that as someone who has never voted Labour.

So to very slighty even things up here’s something for the local elections:-

I agree but with Labour continually shooting itself in the foot the situation is unlikely to improve, for a democracy to work well you need a good opposition party something we have not had for the last 10 years, Karmer is certainly better than the last two but until the influence of the more extreme unions is removed he will struggle to put forward a winnable strategy, Blair the most successful recent Labour PM was despised by the likes of Unite yet he understood that you have to stand on a broad appeal to win, something neither Corbyn or Miliband understood and the shafting of David Miliband by the unions has shown how much influence they have.

I know it’s over 3 years old, but interesting 5:50 mins listening:

Indian MP Shashi Tharoor talks to Jon Snow on Channel 4 News about British colonial misdeeds and their echoes today. Subscribe for more identity politics: bit.ly/LtASif.

‘Britain destroyed India through looting, expropriation – and outright theft – all conducted in a spirit of deep racism and amoral cynicism.’ One man’s blistering critique of our colonialist past by one of the world’s leading diplomats. Shashi Tharoor, now an Indian MP, has just published his latest book on the iniquities of the British Empire. And its themes have echoes today.

youtube.com/watch?v=1giYXrofZYo

Inflow of Eastern Europeans, hasd been slowing down, so the rulling aristocrats class decided, to introduce an idea of Brexit, to bring more immigrants, to replace those that were not coming in, in desired numbers, init?

hkloss1:

Indian MP Shashi Tharoor talks to Jon Snow on Channel 4 News about British colonial misdeeds and their echoes today. Subscribe for more identity politics: bit.ly/LtASif.

‘Britain destroyed India through looting, expropriation – and outright theft – all conducted in a spirit of deep racism and amoral cynicism.’ One man’s blistering critique of our colonialist past by one of the world’s leading diplomats. Shashi Tharoor, now an Indian MP, has just published his latest book on the iniquities of the British Empire. And its themes have echoes today.

Inflow of Eastern Europeans, hasd been slowing down, so the rulling aristocrats class decided, to introduce an idea of Brexit, to bring more immigrants, to replace those that were not coming in, in desired numbers, init?

Seriously?

Mazzer2:

hkloss1:

Seriously?

Michael Gove…
Replace EU immigrant workers with those from further afield.
theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit … gove-28372
Why have our businesses dependent in increasingly expensive Polish etc workers when they can get in cheaper Ukranians?
Really.

Oh another note:
Awaiting customs clearance…again.
Not groupage this time, a straight load we regularly carry.
Only an hour lost so far, but who knows how much longer?
Could be away in 30 seconds.
Might be hours.
Stupid Brexit.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

hkloss1:

Seriously?

Michael Gove…
Replace EU immigrant workers with those from further afield.
theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit … gove-28372
Why have our businesses dependent in increasingly expensive Polish etc workers when they can get in cheaper Ukranians?
Really.

But the new system is not a free for all, the UK will always need immigrant labour there aren’t many who dispute that but to say Brexit came about because of the UK’s treatment of India during the empire and is some kind of reparation is up there with the other bull about small cabals of old men running the world.
As for the Ukranians there won’t be any left to come to work in the UK as the EU has grabbed them already, as you say why employ expensive Poles when you can have cheap Ukranians

Franglais:
Oh another note:
Awaiting customs clearance…again.
Not groupage this time, a straight load we regularly carry.
Only an hour lost so far, but who knows how much longer?
Could be away in 30 seconds.
Might be hours.
Stupid Brexit.

Papers lodged (electronically) 19hr00 y2day. Cleared 10hr00 today.
Doubtless some will point to incompetence by their favourite scape-goats, HMRC, Douane, clearing agents in France or UK etc.
I will point-out that before Jan 1st customs errors, delays and charges were non existant because there was no customs papers needed.
The more redtape there is, the more there is to go wrong and to cost us money.
Stupid!

I wonder what happens to the second-hand car market in the UK? I don’t think it’s any longer viable to export used cars to EE to be parted, when you now have to pay taxes on them plus the paperwork.

My apologies if this has been on here before :blush:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Brexit is a catastrophic mistake and the government knows it

After just three months Brexit is clearly a disaster. Fishing, farming, food production, SME’s trying to supply the EU and those in the performing arts all experiencing the disastrous consequences of the madness that is Brexit. Our borders are open, imports flood in whilst exports are blocked. The government knows it is a disaster but have no idea what to do. Anger is increasing throughout the population and social unrest seems almost inevitable

youtube.com/watch?v=yhKzQoEdmzw

some comments (not mine):

“You speak for an awful lot of us Michael. I’m a business owner too, I have sweated blood for 30 years to make my business a success, I have been proud to provide employment and to add to the GDP with exports. Now running my business has been made much harder and I am labelled ‘unpatriotic’ if I complain. I guess that when the trade figures show little improvement over the coming months, people will begin to take notice and the honeyed words of the government won’t sound so sweet.”

“This is why they are so desperate about passing the new protest law. They know that when the pandemic is over the full brunt of Brexit will hit and the streets will be filled with protests and civil unrest. They are preemptively supressing the public because they know they’ve ■■■■■■ up and they haven’t the slightest idea how to fix it. They didn’t have a clue before and the most abhorrent thing is they have even less of a clue now.”

“This tower of lies that is Brexit has to come tumbling down, there’s a limit on how big they can keep building on their lies… It simply cannot go on, and anyone who believes Brexit is going well is just refusing to believe that because they’ve invested so much in supporting Brexit before”

This is his first video on the subject of Brexit, the one I posted earlier was the second part

Brexit madness and why the huge EU market is now closed to U.K. SME’s

Brexit will destroy much of our economy, not because it imposed considerable bureaucracy inconvenience and expense upon U.K. exporters but because it imposes the same on our customers who can simply choose to buy elsewhere

youtube.com/watch?v=r_83zuT-tl0

some comments, (not mine):

“Nicely said Michael. Here’s another metaphor. Dominic Raab’s interpretation of the Brexit benefits:: An angler sits at a riverbank and stares at his float. A passer-by asks him: “How many did you catch already?” The angler replies: “If I’ve caught the one I’m lurking on, and then two more, then I’ll have three”.”

“I subscribed too! I’m a Brit, entrepreneur like yourself in Japan for 21 years now and have followed the Brexit process closely and with dread. Your story is so valuable as you are really at ground zero there and thank you so much for sharing it. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. I have friends in both sides of the camp but this is such a polarizing moment in time it seems. I am not sure if it is something the brexiteers will ever own up to when they see it’s going terribly wrong. The blame is being put on others it seems. I hope you create some new videos on your channel with more insight. I would very much like to hear more from you and I am sure others as well. I will recommend your video and share it. Thank you again.”

“I saw this coming somehow. Closed my UK manufacturing business in 2000 and set up in Poland in 2004. Now have 4 businesses and am living in a country going places. I learned the language and became a citizen 5 years back. I am 64 and retiring and just watch in amazement at what is unfolding in the UK. Thanks for making the video, you are a real hero and I admire what you have done. So sorry for the place you find yourself in. Check me out on Quora if you want some contact as I make regular posts about Brexit. Take care and stay healthy.”

“I worked as technical support for my country’s trade negotiators. This was in the late 1990s and up to the accession of the Baltic republics to the EU. Prior to my advanced studies I was an army officer who became an officer of Border Militia in charge of customs. It was a desperate serious time for all the Baltic countries and trade was a matter of life and death. We organised, trained and studied. People were even returned to university to fill any holes in their knowledge. We attended language and culture courses as well as visited other countries to study customs arrangements, procedures and documentation. Some even went to other countries to attend universities to study their laws in their languages.
That is how a country with an economy and population smaller than Wales approached trade negotiations. So to see the manner of the UK was disturbing.”

…and many, many more. Worth checking those comments below both of these videos

Irish solution to a Brexit problem: Belgian food store stocks up

A food store in Belgium was facing closure when an Irish solution to a British problem presented itself.

Europe Editor Tony Connelly reports on the British Supermarket in Belgium that has now been stocked with Irish produce, after Brexit caused its shelves to empty.

youtube.com/watch?v=InhQxhLa1BE

British store in the EU, supplied from Ireland, with Irish (EU) goods, due to … yes, you’ve guessed it, Brexit
Delivered by a Polish (EU) lorry driver.

The founder of a Scottish dog food business has told how Brexit forced him to move to France after his exports to the EU were halted because of the new trade barriers in place since 1 January.

After 10 weeks of daily calls and emails to government representatives, who he said were “absolutely terrible”, Antoon Murphy said he was left with no other option than to relocate or face losing the business.

“The trade deal they agreed at Christmas is very close to as good as no deal,” he said.

He and his wife moved to a small town east of Lyon and have set up a new business, Nova Dog Chews, to fulfil European orders.

“We started shipping today,” Murphy said. “To be honest our customers are glad they don’t have to deal with the UK company and more dealing with customs declarations and agents.

His experience echoes that of many small business exporting food, including the Cheshire Cheese Company which last week told of its despair with the government, which had advised it to seek business in the US and Canada to make up for the closure of its online retail business in the EU.

Research from the shipping company Forward2me shows door-to-door transport times between the UK and the EU doubled in January.

Goods took an average of eight days instead of four, with Greece taking 17 days, France 7.5 days and Germany 10 days. In February it took even longer in some cases, with goods taking 13 days to get to Germany.

Hkloss stop taking every anti Brexit video at face value, the guy who foresaw brexit in 2000 and moved to Poland has he got next weeks lottery numbers? He moved to Poland to take advantage of cheap labour and costs as did plenty of other business’s, but easy to say now that it was because of Brexit even though it didn’t exist in 2000
The man claiming that the Baltics negotiated a trade deal on joining the EU, really? countries that join the EU are told the rules that they will have to trade under if they don’t like it then their option is to stay out. The whole point of the EU is that you have the same rules hence why member states don’t have trade negotiators they are centralised in Brussels and the EU negotiates all trade deals as a collective.

Mazzer2:
Hkloss stop taking every anti Brexit video at face value, the guy who foresaw brexit in 2000 and moved to Poland has he got next weeks lottery numbers? He moved to Poland to take advantage of cheap labour and costs as did plenty of other business’s, but easy to say now that it was because of Brexit even though it didn’t exist in 2000
The man claiming that the Baltics negotiated a trade deal on joining the EU, really? countries that join the EU are told the rules that they will have to trade under if they don’t like it then their option is to stay out. The whole point of the EU is that you have the same rules hence why member states don’t have trade negotiators they are centralised in Brussels and the EU negotiates all trade deals as a collective.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a bad story.

While brexitards keep waffling, we just keep highlighting, how brexitards have dammaged and keep dammaging the country

Permanent Brexit Problems Highlighted by Engineering Firm

It is being increasingly reported that small businesses are facing especially harsh impacts to their business from brexit. Ken Torres, an engineer, explains how his business is being put at risk through no fault of his own due to Borisn Johnson’s extreme tory brexit.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kl2uV9xAtg

How to Judge Brexit a Success or Failure?

Like any project, brexit should have success and failure criteria. We’ve left the EU now, but the next general election will give us a chance to change our course again, hopefully away from Boris Johnson’s extreme tory brexit. But what are the failure standards for brexit? How should we judged whether or not the path we’ve taken is a success or failure in terms that everyone can agree on?

youtube.com/watch?v=JDzf9RIqgXE

hkloss1:
While brexitards keep waffling, we just keep highlighting, how brexitards have dammaged and keep dammaging the country

It is being increasingly reported that small businesses are facing especially harsh impacts to their business from brexit. Ken Torres, an engineer, explains how his business is being put at risk through no fault of his own due to Borisn Johnson’s extreme tory brexit.

Like any project, brexit should have success and failure criteria. We’ve left the EU now, but the next general election will give us a chance to change our course again, hopefully away from Boris Johnson’s extreme tory brexit. But what are the failure standards for brexit? How should we judged whether or not the path we’ve taken is a success or failure in terms that everyone can agree on?

And while people who voted remain continue to hurl insults then don’t surprised if people don’t take you seriously, the dust needs to settle and then see where we are, UK manufacturing order books are at a high level due to firms now ordering from other UK firms.
As to the next general election if the Tories change leader before it then the chances of them winning again are high Labour has a long way to go before it becomes the party of government. Labour have now made themselves a niche party for the London based graduate you have to appeal to a broad spectrum of the electorate to win an election, on the plus side Starmer has said Brexit is here to stay so a huge resurgence in the Lib Dems will be required for there to be any chance of a main party backing rejoin

Mazzer2:

hkloss1:

And while people who voted remain continue to hurl insults then don’t surprised if people don’t take you seriously, the dust needs to settle and then see where we are, UK manufacturing order books are at a high level due to firms now ordering from other UK firms.
As to the next general election if the Tories change leader before it then the chances of them winning again are high Labour has a long way to go before it becomes the party of government. Labour have now made themselves a niche party for the London based graduate you have to appeal to a broad spectrum of the electorate to win an election, on the plus side Starmer has said Brexit is here to stay so a huge resurgence in the Lib Dems will be required for there to be any chance of a main party backing rejoin

Any figures on increased domestic orders replacing lost EU orders?

And, “let the dust settle”?
Johnson signed an agreement in Dec 2020.
That hasn’t yet been signed by the EU, and talks are continuing on some aspects, but Johnson has already unilaterally decided not to honour said agreement.
The dust won’t be settling for a long while yet! [emoji3]

Mazzer2:

hkloss1:

people who voted remain hurling insults?

Pointing out the obvious cok ups , is now called by brexitards insults?
I don’t care in the slightest , about people not taking me seriously, as long as you Mazzer and your girlfriend Ms gyorkie, keep reading my comments/posts, keeping taking me seriously by replying to my comments.
That’s all that matters to me.
Any examples of the UK companies replacing their exports to the EU by having other UK companies buying their products in full, as I am not aware of it at all?
Why would you want Torries to be changing their leader, as if doing so would change the outcome of the referendum?
Not long time ago you were all voting for him, welcoming his election with open arms, and now you are hoping fora new Torry leader?
What a turn around.

Mazzer, tere is not going to be any rejoing of the EU, unless Torries apply to the EU to rejoin.
If I was an EU politician, that’s what I would advocate.
EU would be silly to accept this country back, only on the back of Labour and Lib Dems support, the EU would want to see well over two thirds, or maybe three quaters of the electorate to support the idea, not just over 50%, and that would need to involve Torries being firmly behind the idea of rejoining the EU, and maybe even the Frog face too, and his chums.

Brexiteers Wanting Others to Clear Up Their Mess

There was a time when brexiteers said there would be no downsides to brexit. This is no longer the case but, rather than apologise for the damage caused by brexit, or at least an offer to help, they are instead demanding that others clear up the mess they campaigned for.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lj8uBIHtX5s