Brexit coma.

Mods…

Any chance you can create a new area where anything at all with the word Brexit goes in to it?

There are almost five different threads here now that have turned in to usual ‘my dads’ bigger than your dad’ or ‘your figures are distorted’ or ‘EU regs stipulate’ or ‘Karl Marx once said’ arguments.

I’m missing our usual drip feed of ‘I squashed a fly on my windscreen today, will I get an infringement?’ or ‘will my 15 foot trailer go under a 15 foot bridge’.

:unamused:

yourhavingalarf:
Mods…

Any chance you can create a new area where anything at all with the word Brexit goes in to it?

There are almost five different threads here now that have turned in to usual ‘my dads’ bigger than your dad’ or ‘your figures are distorted’ or ‘EU regs stipulate’ or ‘Karl Marx once said’ arguments.

I’m missing our usual drip feed of ‘I squashed a fly on my windscreen today, will I get an infringement?’ or ‘will my 15 foot trailer go under a 15 foot bridge’.

I can help you out here mate.

Unlikely that a squashed fly on your windscreen would result in an infringement, however you may not be in proper control of your vehicle and therefore great incriminations may be forced upon your unskilled truck steering soul. Unfortunately due to my previous occupations I cannot divulge the full extent of punishment that should be thrust upon you as I am subject to many official secrets acts :unamused: :laughing:

As for the bridge scenario, it depends. Has the road been recently resurfaced? And if it has, does anyone care? Is your sat nav lorry specific, and could you point me in the right direction if it’s a good one? And would it get me to Wigan ok because I need to also go to P&G on the way back (are they a quick tip?)

Hopefully I have enlightened you my good man. But then again as our resident truck driving skill anylist Joke the sneak points out, I’m just a tailgating knob. Hopefully Roadrat can help me out as he is a really well respected and knowledgable professional…

There you have it…

Folks. A master class in a few paragraphs of Brexit free chitter chatter.

I feel (as perhaps we all should) that to have witnessed such an intelligent and well thought out response is a privilege. Thank God for Beaver!

It’s been emotional.

yourhavingalarf:
There you have it…

Folks. A master class in a few paragraphs of Brexit free chitter chatter.

I feel (as perhaps we all should) that to have witnessed such an intelligent and well thought out response is a privilege. Thank God for Beaver!

It’s been emotional.

I am also emotional mate. Got to put my bloody hand in my pocket tomorrow & buy Maoster a brew.

Seems that my lot think a trip to Grantham will cheer my cold heart ffs :neutral_face: Many thanks for the comments by the way. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again…

yourhavingalarf:
Mods…

“I boxed in a Eurocrat’s Merc today - will I get an infringment?”
“Will my 15 foot food mountain fit under this 4.0034156656m bridge”?
“EU regs say I must pay more taxes to fund the passage of illegals across the channel. Can I opt out, or offset this for tax?”
“My dad IS bigger than your dad.”

eagerbeaver:
I am also emotional mate. Got to put my bloody hand in my pocket tomorrow & buy Maoster a brew

My treat sweetcheeks. Had to put my hand in my bloody pocket and buy that Robroy character a curry and a few err orange juices the other night so I may as well blow the rest of my kids inheritance on you dude!

the maoster:

eagerbeaver:
I am also emotional mate. Got to put my bloody hand in my pocket tomorrow & buy Maoster a brew

My treat sweetcheeks. Had to put my hand in my bloody pocket and buy that Robroy character a curry and a few err orange juices the other night so I may as well blow the rest of my kids inheritance on you dude!

:laughing: Funny that mate, it’s his turn to buy the bacon barms at Greggs, funnily enough though he seems suddenly ’ unavailable ’ this Saturday!

Tight fisted git. He makes me look like a charity worker ffs.

the maoster:

eagerbeaver:

Watch him Maost he eats like a ■■■■ horse, and he aint cheap either. :open_mouth:

Oh yeh…and Tell him to open his Whats app ffs, I think he’s ignoring the good taste informative vids we’re sending him. :laughing:

I mean all the Brexit related stuff we’ve sent him. :bulb:
(Got to keep it on thread don’t want the mods playing the random crap card :smiley: )