Brexit Boris

So what’s everybody thinking about Boris supporting Brexit? Opinion seems split about whether he’s done it for his own gain, or, like me, those who think he’s actually put his own political gains aside. I won’t lie, I’m all for pulling out, trying to regain sovereignty and keep out political refugees to name but two reasons. I’ve long thought the eu was on a path to self destruction and would like to see us a million miles away from it. Watching Murnaghan yesterday was interesting. You had inners taking the rise out of Farage and Galloway sharing a platform despite political differences, but at the same time Hillary Benn refused to entertain the notion of sharing a platform with David Cameron. I think I’d rather trust and have more respect for united enemies than divided allies.

To be fair I’m on the out side of the argument but there is a point where I’d say my enemy’s ( stated ) enemy doesn’t make them my friend which I have anything whatsoever in common with.When especially in Galloway’s or Boris’ case if it looks and sounds like an impossible contradictory duck then it’s a duck. :bulb:

Boris does whats good for Boris and Boris’ ambitions.

Boris does whats good for Boris and Boris’ ambitions.

Boris played to the gallery over the weekend - its purely for his own political ambitions. A politician pretty much by definition only ever does anything for their own end, not for anyone else, whichever side if the debate they’re on.

scaniason:
Boris played to the gallery over the weekend - its purely for his own political ambitions. A politician pretty much by definition only ever does anything for their own end, not for anyone else, whichever side if the debate they’re on.

In which case how would Kate Hoey and David Davis fit into that category regards their motives and aims ?.