Brewery Lorries

KNDL took over Shepherd Neame’s transport a few years ago. Here is a new Iveco Urban tractor unit seen in Margate.

Quite a few on T N will have sampled a glass or two of this one, Les,

bosphorus25.jpg

Guinness F7

guinness.jpg

Love the Courage ‘Cockerill’ on the cab roof :smiley: Never see anything like that nowadays :unamused: No headlights so I presume this must have been an internal wagon only. Chris

Ray Smyth:

Stanfield:
A old mate of mine drove for these at Newton Heath4
And then went on for these until they finished.

Hi John, Great brewery lorries pictures. The Bedford artic on the Bury Brewery Co. picture has what looks like XKF 84,
a Liverpool Reg No., I wonder is it a haulage contractor, I cant make out the name on the cab door. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Hampson Motor Transport is on the door Ray.

David

5thwheel:

Ray Smyth:

Stanfield:
A old mate of mine drove for these at Newton Heath4
And then went on for these until they finished.

Hi John, Great brewery lorries pictures. The Bedford artic on the Bury Brewery Co. picture has what looks like XKF 84,
a Liverpool Reg No., I wonder is it a haulage contractor, I cant make out the name on the cab door. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Hampson Motor Transport is on the door Ray.

David

Thanks David, I will get the next round of beers in !! Cheers, Ray.

Theres a few here Ray. :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Hi Dean, Thank you for the brewery lorry pictures. Here is one from your part of the world.
I had a couple of these “Badger Flyers” yesterday…a fine brew. Is it my turn at the bar next,
I am sure I got the last round of drinks in. :smiley: :slight_smile: :wink: Kind Regards, Ray.

We used to pick these tanks up from courages at Reading & take em all over but mainly Budweiser into Mortlake although I think this one was Wandsworth brewery
Photo-0040.jpg

DEANB:

Click on pages twice.

Is it me or is that Mansfield brewery lorry a left ■■■■■■?

Ghiabox:

DEANB:

Click on pages twice.

Is it me or is that Mansfield brewery lorry a left ■■■■■■?

:laughing: The pic is reversed!

Pete.

I,ve put this photo on before in another thread. I was told this motor came from Courages @ Reading , we got it in the late 80,s early 90,s . It came as a shunt vehicle with that frame and a lifting 5th Wheel

I never tire of seeing this one.

ZZ  AHL622  (8).JPG
Photo taken last Sunday at the Leyland Society Gathering at the Tramway Museum at Crich, Derbyshire.
The Red Lion Hotel was formerly owned By Showells Brewery Co Ltd of Oldbury. It used to stand on Church Street in Stoke on Trent.
When it was demolished, the frontage and other brick and stonework was carefully dismantled so that it could be re-built at Crich.

TROOPER 8011:

Photo taken last Sunday at the Leyland Society Gathering at the Tramway Museum at Crich, Derbyshire.
The Red Lion Hotel was formerly owned By Showells Brewery Co Ltd of Oldbury. It used to stand on Church Street in Stoke on Trent.
When it was demolished, the frontage and other brick and stonework was carefully dismantled so that it could be re-built at Crich.

Very much agree with you Trooper, so much character that this wagon oozes! Can i also say that no doubt this vehicle is very pleasing on the eye of Harry (Gill)…Loves his Red and Greens :smiley:
Can i ask you older lads what the (what looks like a) cover between radiator and offside headlight is?

paulycats:

TROOPER 8011:

Very much agree with you Trooper, so much character that this wagon oozes! Can i also say that no doubt this vehicle is very pleasing on the eye of Harry (Gill)…Loves his Red and Greens :smiley:
Can i ask you older lads what the (what looks like a) cover between radiator and offside headlight is?
[/quote]

Older lads are in bed now so a youngster will reply! :laughing: That is covering the steering box.

Pete.

windrush:

paulycats:

TROOPER 8011:

[/quote]

Older lads are in bed now so a youngster will reply! :laughing: That is covering the steering box.

Pete.

Pete, It is the lower end of the steering column and steering box. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Drays at inns and one retired.
Oily

Brewery at ■■■■■■■■■■ Park Graham Horn cc by sa 2.0 445991_55f9f114 gh.jpg

Brewery at Gwesty Ty Gwyn Jonathon Clithheroe cc by sa 2.0 720312_6d8d7eff jc.jpg

Brewery at Enfield Nigel Cox cc by sa 2.0 662708_22668914nc.jpg

Brewery  The Bull at Bacton Adrian S Pye cc by sa 2.0 4463562_b0fc9e87asp.jpg

Not many Breweries ran the Spanish Dodge’s in their fleets. Chris

Scan0002.jpg