Brekkes Seafoods & Brekkes tpt

Hi I worked for brekkes as a clerk from1971 till I moved to scunthorpe in 1977 my father and two uncles were drivers for brekkes
Who use to run to Poland they were Cliff Hickson(my father) Barry and Tony Hickson my uncles
They all drove scamell crusaders with rolls 280 engines

Hi All

Can any of you remember this company based initially on William Wright Dock in Hull
and later they expanded to Brighton Street next door to Christian Salvesen cold store

They ran Scammell crusader artics abroad as far as Poland and rigids also think they was Leyland Buffaloes ?

Would be great to see some pictures of there fleet back in the heyday of carrying own goods

Any pictures Guys ?

Regards
Kenny

sgt major roadworks:
Hi All

Can any of you remember this company based initially on William Wright Dock in Hull
and later they expanded to Brighton Street next door to Christian Salvesen cold store

They ran Scammell crusader artics abroad as far as Poland and rigids also think they was Leyland Buffaloes ?

Would be great to see some pictures of there fleet back in the heyday of carrying own goods

Any pictures Guys ?

Regards
Kenny

Unfortunately no pictures of the transport fleet, but a bit of spurious History about the company.

Peter Lovell owned Brekkes (Fish Processors) and Diane Lovell named the Seafridge fleet operated by Hull management team Newington Trawlers. Mike Burton owned Newington and my claim to fame is that he married my next door neighbour, then years later I bought my first lorry off their daughter and her Danish boyfriend :confused:

Peter Lovell also founded Hull Fish Trades Club which promoted black tie boxing and a boys club.

If anyone has any photos of the transport fleet I would be interested in seeing them. I had an ideal opportunity to record the images from St Andrew and William Wright docks, just never had a camera with me in those days. A sad loss to these forums.

H175 Seafridge Petrel. (Newington Trawlers)

Arctic Warrior Hull

Hi Wheelnut

Thanks for the Info, I recall Peter Lovell as beeing a big fat bloke in his Mercedes he used
to squeeze himself into the drivers seat with him being so large.
Came across as arrogant I never thought he was it was just his way with words dead straight to the point

The only drivers i can think of even though I knew and worked with them all was Big Dave … ? and Alan …
I can remember the old chap who looked after the diesel and filled the trucks up, Oh for a good memory

It was a great job doing the distance and Euro work as we all had it agreed how long the runs would take and
had loads of time to spare and time off whilst in Europe not like today all competing for the same Business
and rushing around ! Happy Days Long Gone !!!

Kenny

Hi

They had at least 2 Crusaders fitted with Rolls engines as I remember working on them whilst working for IJ Blakey when we started doing their maintenance. I remember one of them was parked up VOR because I had to go to their yard and remove the rear spring late one night from it, to fit onto the road going one that we had in for service as neither Lex nor Leyland Motors (■■■■■■■■■■ Street) had a spring available.

I also remember we changed some pistons in one of them what a job trying to torque the headbolts through the cab

regards

Spud1960