Breen Transport

I wonder if anybody on here could advise me what these people are like to work for?
I am considering a position with them and have this doubt about the legality of the running hours etc !

Any good employers left to do EU work for now? See the usual listings on here, but seems to be dead mans shoes situation with many.

Would love to stay doing EU but would move back to UK if I had to :cry:

Thanks

Dont touch them with a bargepole!!!

They have absolutely no regard whatsoever for drivers hours rules and expect drivers to work unbeleivable excess hours. If you hold a UK licence driving for them is a sure way to lose it and end up with massive fines.

do not under any circumstances touch Breens. Read previous on this forum and consider yourself lucky that you got on this forum before you made any fatal mistakes. You be better off on the dole. Your wife and family be safe and you have a licence to work another day.

Good luck elswhere mate. [/i]

youtube.com/watch?v=L7NiMlYN1K8

sez it all

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry I have not replied earlier but wanted to get a few replies through and they are certainly ALL bad.

Plenty of decent irish companies you could try

Questions heard in an interview for an Irish Fridge haulerā€¦

2nd hand tale- boss asks::
How long can you stay awake?
About 8-24 hoursā€¦ why?
Come back when you can do 36.

Another 2nd hand tale driver tells mateā€¦:
I was in Sweden this morning, booked on the calais ferry this afternoonā€¦

:laughing: :laughing:

Another 2nd hand tale driver tells mateā€¦:
I was in Sweden this morning, booked on the calais ferry this afternoonā€¦

[/quote]

this is impossible.
besides you dont make bookings in calais.
its shipping upon arrivalā€¦or eventually at least.
this is similar to the old stories about the load of steel under the load of hanging beef i used to be told over the years from various english drivers.
i knew some of them were taking the p,but some seemed to believe in their own dreamt observations.
anyway.
leave breen well alone.
if you dont lose your license,you might lose your life.
theres 24 hours in a day.
thats your shift.
nolan is not much better.
hopefully
this might be changing at the moment,the irish dept are putting the foot down with regard hours etc.
so ask questions before you take any job.

got a start with what i thought was a good haulier a few weeks ago. In the ā€œinterviewā€ i was asked if i had a second digi card and if not see if i can get one :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Still thinking bout job as thereā€™s f. all else around.

Perhaps the idiots that run Breen belive
one can get away with haveing a second
card and useing it. If so they should try
reading thisLINK
AND this applies to those who wish to belive that
theay can get away with it,

I may be being very naive here but another digital card issued in another country? :confused:

John may as well just stay with anologue and wax discs and throw them out of the window like we used to do :wink:

paddy2008:
got a start with what i thought was a good haulier a few weeks ago. In the ā€œinterviewā€ i was asked if i had a second digi card and if not see if i can get one :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Still thinking bout job as thereā€™s f. all else around.

they are cheeky zbs some of these.
they pay per day and want you to do night and day.shifts.
i had this out with a large irish refridgerated haulier years ago.
i drove from lyon area to calais.i did it in my time.
when i got off the boat in dover,he told me to head for liverpool for the morning sailing as the day ships are cheaper.
i told him where to go.
i was on day rate.
one days money for one days work.
he didnt want to pay for the night shift either.
i wasnt that willing to do it,but it was back in the days when you would get away with it.
i prked up in dover and went to liverpool the following day.
thyere was a few sarcastic phine calls the next day.
i just told him not to be ringing me again to do trips,if thats the way he wanted it.
2 days work for 1 days money.
some of them havnt changed.
whilst i am no lover of vosa and their ā– ā– ā– ā–  tactics,and the irish will be the same when thay are up and running.
theres no harm in these abusive companies being wiped out.
mr b is one of them.
not fair to single him out,there so many more as well.

The thing about the extra digi card was to get one off someone that wasnt using it and put that in while tipping and loading in ireland.

The company has been mentioned once or twice on this forum as being one of the few reputable irish firms.

Some of you can probably make a good guess at who iā€™m talking of now.

if they start running checkpoints in ireland like they do in england and some of the other european coutries.
that will be end of that one paddy.
its seems to be hotting up over there in ireland now,
what with vosa over training the irish carriage offficeand traffic corp.
it will be the same as the rest of europe soon.
theres a few more companies i know,but wont mention here.
i wonder how they will take it.
i saw some of them driving out of liverpool over the weekend,all heading for europe.
should be some fun to be had watching these guys having to deliver late all the time,
as the meat companies dont really give enough time to get to your destination in my opinion.
indeed some of the dry freight shipping companies are the same.
we were expected to do this because of all the one hit wonders we had before the influx of eastern europeans.
they are all one hit wonders now,or most of them at least.

paddy2008:
The thing about the extra digi card was to get one off someone that wasnt using it and put that in while tipping and loading in ireland.

The company has been mentioned once or twice on this forum as being one of the few reputable irish firms.

Some of you can probably make a good guess at who iā€™m talking of now.

What county?

I use the M50 every day and all the rest, do you know that the speed limit for HGVā€™s is 80 K, regardless of what the signs say, and there was me plodding away at 90 k in a 100 k zone. That was news to me I have to say.

I tried it yesterday, caused a major tailback, not to mention every other HGV loosing it and overtaking me, where do we go from here eh

jr-1:
I use the M50 every day and all the rest, do you know that the speed limit for HGVā€™s is 80 K, regardless of what the signs say, and there was me plodding away at 90 k in a 100 k zone. That was news to me I have to say.

I tried it yesterday, caused a major tailback, not to mention every other HGV loosing it and overtaking me, where do we go from here eh

Correct the limit is 80k for HGVs, but it applies to all roads including single carriageways unless a lower limit is in operation.

Also HGVs are not allowed in the outside lane (i.e.) the one nearest the central reservation (lane 2 or lane 3 depending on motorway width) if you get caught itā€™s 1 penalty point. Therefore you canā€™t overtake in a truck on the majority of Irelandā€™s motorways as most are only effectively dual carriageways. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks Mr. H.

Very few of us left.
Did it again today to limerick,
Problems behind me,
Actually dis is going to cause an accident.
But who cares

Nobody gives a ā– ā– ā– ā–  , thats the problem,

Maybe Eddie Rock looks at this forum, if he dont he should be educating himself considering his public paid salary.

Are you there Eddie , Get off you arse and stop playing Golf

howatsi:

jr-1:

Correct the limit is 80k for HGVs, but it applies to all roads including single carriageways unless a lower limit is in operation.

Also HGVs are not allowed in the outside lane (i.e.) the one nearest the central reservation (lane 2 or lane 3 depending on motorway width) if you get caught itā€™s 1 penalty point. Therefore you canā€™t overtake in a truck on the majority of Irelandā€™s motorways as most are only effectively dual carriageways. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I notice you say ā€œifā€ not ā€œwhenā€ you get caught. :wink: I drive past GardaƃĀ­ lots of times without a seat belt on, never a blinkā€¦ :unamused:

60km/h limit through the roadworks on the M50? The only time I see folk doing less is when itā€™s congested.