Bredbury test centre (stockport)

ive got my class 2 test here on 22nd of nov, just wondered if anyone has any experience’s of it? good, bad, examiners? things to watch for etc?
any info would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Examiners are examiners, some human, some not so human.

As you leave the test centre, watch for the kerb sticking out at the gates on your left, if you think on, have a nosey as you drive in and you will notice it.

As you leave the test centre, you will turn left, the bushes on your right are a ■■■■■■■ to see round so be careful, you will then turn left or right at the lights,
If you go left, the Green light is a filter first your way so keep an eye on it, then dont get too giddy when the road bends to the right as it narrows up even though its still a 40mph.
A mile further up you will start hitting a series of box junctions, again have your wits about you.

Mcvities junction on the A6, tight, as it the next left onto Erwood road, they will then ask you to pull over as youve turned left, just keep an eye out for the bus stop your side and the road on the right.

Portwood roundabout - USE THE SIGNS OVERHEAD.

nice one b1ggk thats really usefull stuff cheers might take a drive round in the car to get a feel for it thanks :wink:

crusty:
nice one b1ggk thats really usefull stuff cheers might take a drive round in the car to get a feel for it thanks :wink:

Could be worth a drive round just to look at signs/corners/markings etc.
I will try and get down the tricky area’s for you by weekend, just need to rack my brain abit.

Who are you having lessons with?

any more info would be great cheers, its far better to be prepared i think!
im doing my training with truk bolton, they seem a good bunch of guy’s, there close to me and also stockport so should be able to cover some of the roads nearby on lessons too? im starting on 16th with test at 11am on thurs 22nd.
:smiley:

Hi mate,
I did my C and C + E with truk at Bolton…top set of blokes there, you’ll be fine with them.
I also did both tests at Bredbury, some of the routes seem a lot harder than others…especially if you go int Ashton, there is a huge nasty roundabout, where you need to study the diagramatic sign on the approach, as they usually ask you to take the Dukinfield exit.
you need the right hand lane which then naturally filters over to the left towards your exit, the lanes are fairly tight, so keep your wits about you and also watch for the cars with a complete lack of lane discipline, as they always manage to turn up on your test!!!
If you want to pick my brains about anything feel free to message me.
Take care and good luck
Steve

Yeah im doin c+e with truk training Bolton they are ok mate …passed my Class 2 1st hit at Bredbury ok… got my test at kirkham …3rd Dec so same senario for me !!! i dont know Kirkham… Good Luck !!!