Breathalyser in France 2012

I have just received sight of a document that applies to all drivers venturing into France.

Read it and Weep.
All devices must meet the French Approval Standards NF

eurotunnelfreight.com/freight-news-7/

So to summarise.

You can only get these in france, as ones sold in Belgium Uk Germany wont have the NF mark so more money for the french economy.

Or dont have 1 and pay 11e fine.

Plus you’ll need to make sure of the expiry date on the brethalyser too, think at the moment its around 3 years. and then we are all on the merry go round of subsidising the French economy again

BOHICA.

Wilko:
So to summarise.

You can only get these in france, as ones sold in Belgium Uk Germany wont have the NF mark so more money for the french economy.

Or dont have 1 and pay 11e fine.

Plus you’ll need to make sure of the expiry date on the brethalyser too, think at the moment its around 3 years. and then we are all on the merry go round of subsidising the French economy again

You can buy them in the UK, on Ebay, on Amazon, at various fuel stations, and as long as they have the NF symbol on they are legal.

How many do you want? :wink:

Wheel Nut:
You can buy them in the UK, on Ebay, on Amazon, at various fuel stations, and as long as they have the NF symbol on they are legal.

Presumably they won’t sell them to black people then? :wink:

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

Presumably they won’t sell them to black people then? :wink:

Definitely not :laughing:

€1.65 at garage in eurotunnel terminal Calais. Hardly gonna break the bank.

Over in a few weeks time will get to a car spares place and get a couple

Wilko:

You need a hi-viz vest for everyone in the car too, and they must be kept in the passenger compartment of the car, not the boot.

Also if you have any prescription medicines, you need a copy of the prescription.

Harry Monk:

Wilko:

You need a hi-viz vest for everyone in the car too, and they must be kept in the passenger compartment of the car, not the boot.

Also if you have any prescription medicines, you need a copy of the prescription.

We have a French car and it has two cubbyholes under your feet especially for this, ■■■■ clever those frogs.

Good Idea to carry a prescription as I have have been able to get tablets when I have run short, although they are full price, but are sometimes cheaper. I didnt try to claim anything back from the NHS

Wheel Nut:
We have a French car and it has two cubbyholes under your feet especially for this, ■■■■ clever those frogs.

I’ve always thought the Renault Megane should have a safe built into it to carry all the money you need when the mechanic has to take the entire front end of the car apart to change a headlight bulb. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

I’ve always thought the Renault Megane should have a safe built into it to carry all the money you need when the mechanic has to take the entire front end of the car apart to change a headlight bulb. :wink:

Maybe that is what the cubby holes are for. We don’t get any mechanic bills, it is leased :wink:

Wheel Nut:
I have just received sight of a document that applies to all drivers venturing into France.
Read it and Weep.
All devices must meet the French Approval Standards NF

eurotunnelfreight.com/freight-news-7/

What’s the point of carrying an item that you can’t use?

And you need to carry two of these.

How times have changed, I remember when it was compulsory to have a bottle of wine with your mid-day meal in France. :wink:

Wildy:

Wrong, the law is quite specific in that you are required to have an unused breathalyser, therefore one. However most are selling them in twin packs.

Harry Monk:
How times have changed, I remember when it was compulsory to have a bottle of wine with your mid-day meal in France. :wink:

Not a problem Harry, it is sorted. You buy a pack of two, blow into one before your meal, then by sleight of hand you can hand plod a perfectly legal one, even after a nice bottle of Cote du Rhone :stuck_out_tongue:

GBPub:

Wildy:

Wrong, the law is quite specific in that you are required to have an unused breathalyser, therefore one. However most are selling them in twin packs.

Yes, because when the nice gendarmes has stopped you at the roadside and asked you to perform a breath test on yourself you now only have one unused and readily available breathalyser. If you only have one to start with and you perform the breath test, you no longer have an unused and readily available breathalyser. Hence the twin packs. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Wilko:

I believe in Spain it’s for everybody in the vehicle, but I’ve read many different things the requirements in France, from you need a Hi-viz for everybody, to only needing one for the driver.

Harry Monk:

How very true happy Days lol