Breaks

Hi everyone just going to take you through my day yesterday day to make sure I have got this right.

Started at 7am (checks and loading till 8:15)

Then was waiting at a well known cheap supermarket market chain till 12:30pm.

Done another local drop and stopped for my 15 mins at 12:50pm. ( only done about 1 hrs driving)

Got back to the yard for second run to be loaded.
Had my 30 mins break in the yard at 2:26-2:58.

Done a second run and finished back at the yard at 7pm.
Only done 4 hrs driving all day.

Have I done this right please?
I thought I had then another driver said I should of done my 30 mins first?

kopkings1:
Hi everyone just going to take you through my day yesterday day to make sure I have got this right.

Started at 7am (checks and loading till 8:15)

Then was waiting at a well known cheap supermarket market chain till 12:30pm.

Done another local drop and stopped for my 15 mins at 12:50pm. ( only done about 1 hrs driving)

Got back to the yard for second run to be loaded.
Had my 30 mins break in the yard at 2:26-2:58.

Done a second run and finished back at the yard at 7pm.
Only done 4 hrs driving all day.

Have I done this right please?
I thought I had then another driver said I should of done my 30 mins first?

Perfectly legal :smiley:

Slap other driver about a bit and tell him not to darken your door [emoji23]

Some of us can remember 15, 20, & 25 minute breaks, ideal to take on the fuel pump or in a queue! [emoji14]

Wheel Nut:
Some of us can remember 15, 20, & 25 minute breaks, ideal to take on the fuel pump or in a queue! [emoji14]

In the queues caused by people taking a break on the pumps?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I think the other driver may be correct. You started at 7 am so by 1 pm you should of had a 30 mins WTD break
Apparantly you only had 15 mins.

Franglais:

Wheel Nut:

In the queues caused by people taking a break on the pumps?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

There was all the next day not started on, gave us a chance to have a catch up, but that was in the days when drivers weren’t frightened of strangers.

Jimd:
I think the other driver may be correct. You started at 7 am so by 1 pm you should of had a 30 mins WTD break

Other driver incorrect as the rule is 15 mins not 30 - some companies have internal policies which state 30

Jimd:

He didn’t actually need 30 minutes, he could have had another 15 minutes.

For driving breaks, 15 then 30 is the correct way round to take your 45.

For WTD you only need 30 for 6 to 9 hours and 45 after 9 hours work

Is it Aldi? If so, I work for them too. I do 6 till 6 and never a moment overtime at the mo. There is a lot of waiting around with them, I put my tacho on rest and the management are fine with that

Wheel Nut:

Jimd:

He didn’t actually need 30 minutes, he could have had another 15 minutes.

For driving breaks, 15 then 30 is the correct way round to take your 45.

For WTD you only need 30 for 6 to 9 hours and 45 after 9 hours work

He worked from 7am to 7pm with no POA as far as we know so would need a total of 45 mins of break

Other driver incorrect as the rule is 15 mins not 30 - some companies have internal policies which state 30

The WTD states drivers must have a 30-minute break before or at the end of a six-hour working period.

Jimd:

The WTD states drivers must have a 30-minute break before or at the end of a six-hour working period.

Please read this - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99021 and then post where it says that 30 is needed

Doesn’t matter how much driving you do In a shift. Before you have done 6 hours working you need to take a 30 min break. you can then carry on working untill you have done 9 hours or your driving time reaches 4.5 hours then you need another 30 min break.this then resets your driving time and working time meaning you can then do 6 more hours before a break is needed. .
Obviously if you reach you 4.5 driving you need to stop.
You can take 15 mins as a break . Then 30 mins. But if you take 15 you still need to stop regardless before 6 hours for half an hour.
If your job doesn’t involve much driving hours best to take 30 mins then 30 mins.

edd1974:
Doesn’t matter how much driving you do In a shift. Before you have done 6 hours working you need to take a 30 min break. you can then carry on working untill you have done 9 hours or your driving time reaches 4.5 hours then you need another 30 min break.this then resets your driving time and working time meaning you can then do 6 more hours before a break is needed. .
You can take 15 mins as a break . Then 30 mins. But if you take 15 you still need to stop regardless before 6 hours for half an hour.
If your job doesn’t involve much driving hours best to take 30 mins then 30 mins.

15 mins before 6 hours working - see link in my last post

This is a legal example
Work 2 hours
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
break 15 mins (for WTD and first driving time split break)
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
drive 30 mins
break 30 mins (for WTD and second driving time split break)
drive 1 hour
work 45 mins

Working time in this 13 hour shift is over 9 hours so 45 mins of break needed = OK
No more than 6 hours worked without a 15 min break = OK
Driving time is 5.5 hours and 15+30 break taken = OK

edd1974:

My lot would have a fit if I worked to them break rules [emoji3]

You need to revisit regulations !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROG:

This is a legal example
Work 2 hours
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
drive 30 mins
drive 1 hour
work 45 mins

Working time in this 13 hour shift is over 9 hours so 45 mins of break needed = OK

You do.that then. Get your card downloaded see if you get a driver error report

edd1974:

ROG:

This is a legal example
Work 2 hours
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
drive 30 mins
drive 1 hour
work 45 mins

Will not get any infringement 100% guaranteed

You might get an internal one if the company has a separate policy above what the law requires

ROG:

edd1974:

ROG:

This is a legal example
Work 2 hours
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
drive 2 hours
work 2 hours
drive 30 mins
drive 1 hour
work 45 mins

Will not get any infringement 100% guaranteed

You might get an internal one if the company has a separate policy above what the law requires

ROG’s example is 100% legal, I take my breaks like this all the time, not once have I had an infringement. Absolutely nowhere in WTD regs does it say you need 30 min break before 6 hours work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edd1974:

I was thinking just like you, before I asked people in private.
First six hrs which ever comes first 4.5 hr or 6 hrs you need 15 and than only think for the next 6 hr if your driving times comes first than 30 minutes and by second 6 hr you still didn’t drove for 4.5 hr than it’s another 15 minutes. Goodluck