breaks

came from Peterborough today and on the way back to Swindon thought I will take my 15 to 30 break in Northampton services at junction 15a,started at 6am so needed to have said break before 12pm,got to junction 15 and thought quick jump to 15a and no problem,this was 11.25am,the result was an hour to get to 15a and one infringement because of the accident further up we stopped for 10 min and I thought put it on break before 12pm and if I can get 15 in I am covered soon as it went on break sods law we started moving,i am allways being told forward planning stops infringements,the radio said junction 16 was the problem so I thought like a muppet I would make it to the services as I had 30 min left,big mistake,could not win today but lesson learnt

5 hours and 25 mins into your shift is a bit late to be thinking of a break. At least you recognise that you are a ’ muppet '.

( Your words ).

Are you referring to the 15 min RT(WT)R break for 6 hours of work or a driving time break ?

eagerbeaver:
5 hours and 25 mins into your shift is a bit late to be thinking of a break. At least you recognise that you are a ’ muppet '.

( Your words ).

what else can I say when I ■■■■ up,i felt like one

ROG:
Are you referring to the 15 min RT(WT)R break for 6 hours of work or a driving time break ?

6 hours WT

Fair play.

truckman020:

ROG:

6 hours WT

No great worries there then - you might get an internal company infringement but that’s it but to prevent that simply do a manual entry explaining why it was not taken on time

ROG:

truckman020:

ROG:

6 hours WT

No great worries there then - you might get an internal company infringement but that’s it but to prevent that simply do a manual entry explaining why it was not taken on time

will do, cheers

truckman020:

ROG:

truckman020:

ROG:

6 hours WT

will do, cheers

You’ll still get an infringement if it’s anything like our place.

eagerbeaver:
5 hours and 25 mins into your shift is a bit late to be thinking of a break.

It’s not really too late, he’d already planned where to take it but nobody can predict an accident causing delays, it was only a WTD break anyway so it’s not like it was important, or that anybody cares!