Breakfast with a fellow Brit

Thursday morning as I was running back to NYC from Newington CT I decided to stop at the TA at exit 28 on I-84 for fuel, a shower and breakfast. i got the first two out of the way then went to the diner for a fry up. I hadn’t been sitting a the ‘U’ bar more than 5 minutes when another driver sat about a seat away with a distinctive Belfast accent. Never did get his name but he lived in Philly and within minutes we were exchanging jokes and funny stories about life in general much to the amazement and stunned looks on the faces of all the other drivers there who couldn’t understand a word we said as we rambled on.
I love it on rare occasions when I just come across someone from the other side of the pond :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
Thursday morning as I was running back to NYC from Newington CT I decided to stop at the TA at exit 28 on I-84 for fuel, a shower and breakfast. i got the first two out of the way then went to the diner for a fry up. I hadn’t been sitting a the ‘U’ bar more than 5 minutes when another driver sat about a seat away with a distinctive Belfast accent. Never did get his name but he lived in Philly and within minutes we were exchanging jokes and funny stories about life in general much to the amazement and stunned looks on the faces of all the other drivers there who couldn’t understand a word we said as we rambled on.
I love it on rare occasions when I just come across someone from the other side of the pond :smiley:

Pat
If you are ever in Calgary AB give me a shout i,ll buy you a coffee or if you deliver to the Canadian Tire warehouse in Calgary i,m in there

Thanks mate but i very much doubt I will ever get dispatched your way, I gave up the long haul stuff 5 years ago, regional NE and monday to friday is my limit.
I meet a few fellow countrymen from time to time, some of them come from around your area.

Pat Hasler:
Thanks mate but i very much doubt I will ever get dispatched your way, I gave up the long haul stuff 5 years ago, regional NE and monday to friday is my limit.
I meet a few fellow countrymen from time to time, some of them come from around your area.

Offer always there if you are in my part of the woods, take care !!

Boatchaser:

Pat Hasler:

Well what d’ya know, I’m in Calgary all day tomorrow :laughing:

I’m loading from 52St SE and will be in the Flying J late afternoon :wink:

newmercman:

Boatchaser:

Pat Hasler:

I don,t finish till 17.00 will you still be in town !!!

Boatchaser:

newmercman:

Boatchaser:

Pat Hasler:

No :laughing: I left at 4pm, next time :wink:

I stopped at the Pilot at the top of I-88 at exit 25 in NY today for fuel and right next to me a Hunts truck pulled at the next fuel isle and proudly displayed a Union Jack on it’s side. “I hope you have a permit for that flag” I said. The mans name was Clive and he hailed from the lake district, we chatted for a while then went our seperate ways, he does’t use the net so he isn’t gonna be on here I fear, nice guy to have alaugh with for a short while.
On the bad side he did drive for J B Hunt :frowning:

newmercman:

Boatchaser:

No :laughing: I left at 4pm, next time :wink:

Aaaahhhh, thats so sweet! Who says romance is dead■■? :laughing: :laughing: :wink: