Break time confusion

Hi ladies and gentle men

I have a problem getting around my break time mess today

I started work at 1:30 today doing some warehouse work and 50 min drive, I decided to take my 15 minute break at 16:50 of which I did but I forgot to change the tacho to other work after the 15 minutes, so I have ended up resetting driving hours to 0. Because I had a break for 1hr26.

what should I do because I will work over 9.I know I should have a 30 min break if I will work over 9 hours or will the break I have already taken cover it.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trukazz:
Hi ladies and gentle men

I started work at 1:30 today doing some warehouse work and 50 min drive, I decided to take my 15 minute break at 16:50 of which I did but I forgot to change the tacho to other work after the 15 minutes, so I have ended up resetting driving hours to 0. Because I had a break for 1hr26.

what should I do because I will work over 9.I know I should have a 30 min break if I will work over 9 hours or will the break I have already taken cover it.

Thank you

Do you mean 1.30 pm and 16.50 (4.50) pm :question: - I ask as it seems you are using both 12 + 24 clock times :confused:

ROG:

trukazz:
Hi ladies and gentle men

Thank you

Do you mean 1.30 pm and 16.50 (4.50) pm :question: - I ask as it seems you are using both 12 + 24 clock times :confused:

13:30 and 16:30 sorry about that

Personally I would either leave it as a break or do a manual entry changing all but 45 mins to other work

Taking 45 mins covers all WTD breaks for the shift length BUT WILL NOT cover the 6 hour WTD rule if you worked 6 or more hours after finishing the 45

Did you drive more than 4.5 hours after the 45 break ?

As long as you weren’t going over 4:30 drive time in total for the shift I would take the 30 minutes you need as normal, without a second thought, because you haven’t HAD 1:26 break, regardless of what your Tacho says.

If you are going over 4:30 drive time then stop when you hit 4:30 and have a full 45 minutes to clear it. Again thinking nothing of it.

If I worked for a firm that was hassling me about break lengths or, knocked break off my wages, I would manually work out when I was going to ACTUALLY hit 4:30 with a 15 minute break you had earlier, stop for 30 minutes, take a 2x print out and write on the back…“I’m very sorry, I did XYZ, I know I’m a ■■■■■ here’s some £££, please don’t fine me for the non infringement, oh lord, I may never sleep again…”

Or words to that effect, charting your ACTUAL break/drive/other work times…

ROG:
Personally I would either leave it as a break or do a manual entry changing all but 45 mins to other work

Taking 45 mins covers all WTD breaks for the shift length BUT WILL NOT cover the 6 hour WTD rule if you worked 6 or more hours after finishing the 45

Did you drive more than 4.5 hours after the 45 break ?

37 minutes