Break question cofffee

Here is a scenario. I drive two hours to my delivery. I sit being un-loaded for an hour with the tacho on break. This means I start a new period of 4.5 hours driving time. so what then happens to the two and a half hours driving time that i had left over from before I reached my delivery?

Do I? At the end of the next 4.5 hour period have a 45 min break then drive the two and a half hours left from the morning.
Or say if I wanted to do a ten hour drive that day. Can I add the extra hour that driving a ten would give me and drive for a further three and a half hours?

thanks joe

joedwyer1:
Here is a scenario. I drive two hours to my delivery. I sit being un-loaded for an hour with the tacho on break. This means I start a new period of 4.5 hours driving time. so what then happens to the two and a half hours driving time that i had left over from before I reached my delivery?

Do I? At the end of the next 4.5 hour period have a 45 min break then drive the two and a half hours left from the morning.
Or say if I wanted to do a ten hour drive that day. Can I add the extra hour that driving a ten would give me and drive for a further three and a half hours?

thanks joe

I can’t answer for Coffeeholic or even cofffee but the answer to your questions are yes and yes :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

When you have a 45 minute break it resets the driving time but you don’t lose any of the days allowed driving time, you can still drive for 9 or 10 hours but you must have a break/breaks totalling 45 minutes before exceeding 4.5 hours driving or when you’ve reached 4.5 hours driving.

Your example:
You drive for 2 hours then have a 1 hour break, you then drive for another 4.5 hours when you must have another 45 minute break, you can now drive for another 2.5 hours or 3.5 hours on a 10 hour driving day.
That’s perfectly legal :smiley:

Hope that helps :wink:

sorry tacho. I didn’t mean to undermine you and your invaluable knoledge of the tachograph regs and their interpretations. I just forgot that you were also an expert! you have answered my question and helped me out no end

thanks. joe

joedwyer1:
sorry tacho. I didn’t mean to undermine you and your invaluable knoledge of the tachograph regs and their interpretations. I just forgot that you were also an expert! you have answered my question and helped me out no end

thanks. joe

No need to apologise mate, I’m not an expert and I certainly don’t feel undermined because you asked cofffee :wink:

He may however feel undermined when he sees you’ve added an extra “f” to his name :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :wink:

tachograph:
He may however feel undermined when he sees you’ve added an extra “f” to his name :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :wink:

I’ve seen that an “f” is the most commonly added letter to several words… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve known ‘Monday’ to have an ‘f’ in it, sometimes ‘truck’ or ‘trailer’ or ‘police’ can have an extra ‘f’ in the word, and I reckon you wouldn’t believe the number of times I’ve seen ‘VOSA’ written with an ‘f’ in it. :wink: :grimacing:

joedwyer1:

thanks joe

Yes.

Yes.

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: