Break at 4hours 31 minutes

Yes…that’s when I took my break one day last week. I had inteded to stop at a lay-by within the 4 hours 30 mins but somebody had parked their lorry right in the middle of it preventing 2 vehicles to be parked there. OK I was cutting it a bit finely but usually ther’s nobody there and there’s usually room for 2 vehicles. So, I’m gulity of a driving infringement. Bearing in mind it’s only seconds beyond the time which I am supposed to stop…what would happen if Vosa picked up on this? Thanks.

Don’t assume that the lorry parked in the middle of the layby for the hell of it. When he parked up there may have been another vehicle parked in front of him which had gone before you turned up.

DVSA won’t do anything just because you’re a minute over but don’t make a habit of it and give yourself more time to park up. Never assume that the first layby will be empty.

Manual explanation on print out or back of analogue card - make 2 of them - keep one - hand other in after 28 days

Keep doing it and someone will get interested

OK thank you. I was using a digi card.

Ader1:
OK thank you. I was using a digi card.

Dont worry about it as it not worth it for them to do anything but as said dont make habit of it although when analysed you may be ok

Know this as 1 day asked a VOSA as it was then manager said dont worry bout it wanted to speak to them about something else then had digi analysed by VOSA 1 day as my card not working called into there dept in Newcastle he cleared it no problem with it ( thought I had a infringement but he didnt say a thing

As has been said don’t worry about 1 minute but don’t do it too often.

You will get an infringement from your company, but as long as it’s a one off it would take a very harsh DVSA bod to be interested in 1 minute.