Breach of weight restriction

I’ve been to a few building sites where the route for vehicles (set in the planning consent) contradicts a weight restriction. Eynsham is bad for this, site rules have said to access only off of the A40 at the traffic lights. This takes you into a 7.5t mgw limit with no exemptions (and on the way out, no right turn at the lights). I’ve had disagreements with people when I’ve ignored the planning/site rules and entered via non limited roads (through a housing estate though). AFAIAC I can be prosecuted for breaching a weight limit, but not planning rules.

Those planning rules are wonderful, fantastical, and mostly pointless. There are plenty of times I have made a different entry or exit to a site, or unloaded somewhere “I shouldn’t.”

There was a site in Beaconsfield, that was next to a local Mason Lodge, it had a “banner homes says, no parking” in a full size lay by directly opposite said sites entrance on a narrow lane. I delivered there 15ish times. Using the layby meant the entrance to the site wasn’t compromised to cars and vans, and that the lane to the lodge was still open too. Unloading outside was obviously perfectly legal, even according to the site sign. But it didn’t stop a whinge every single time by the Masons “you can’t park there!”

trubster:

IndigoJo:
Not sure a solo tractor would have a 44-tonne MGW – that would be its combination or train weight.

If the plate in the vehicle says 44000 kg on it, trailer or no trailer, it is 44000kg MGW

The MGW on the plate in an tractor unit will usually be 18000kg for a 4x2 and 24000kg for a 6x2 and that will be its MGW when running solo regardless of the plate having a 44000kg weight in the train or combination weight box. A solo 4x2 tractor unit will would be allowed in an 18t weight limit but a 6x2 not.

hasn’t the 3 axle limit been raised to 25t or 26t

hitch:
hasn’t the 3 axle limit been raised to 25t or 26t

Could have, it’s been a while since I’ve been in a truck.

Done that tesco express in blidworth a few times ,not for a year or so though ,it’s a while ago but came in off r/ o with car garages up the road ,then first right ,followed it round the aren’t you at top of high street :question: ,I can rember a limit but just not exactly where .

dozy:
Done that tesco express in blidworth a few times ,not for a year or so though ,it’s a while ago but came in off r/ o with car garages up the road ,then first right ,followed it round the aren’t you at top of high street :question: ,I can rember a limit but just not exactly where .

I assume you mean the car garages at white post farm, when you make the right turn further up the road that is where the weight limit starts, it stops at the end of that road where the petrol station is tescos is on the opposite corner and the delivery entrance is about 75 yds back down the road so you would have to enter the weight restriction to gain access so the route you describe would be legal just not the shortest plus it puts you the right way for reversing in.