brave

brave , stupid or easy peasy.
theres bow waves and then theres bow waves. :sunglasses:

I say stupid! Although I suppose as long as the air filter and exhaust is clear of the water he should be ok shouldn’t he? :confused: It doesn’t look like he’s got a stack though…

Also, the wave must have been over the height of the door bottom. I can only assume he got wet feet? :open_mouth:

He would have looked a right idiot if he had conked out and ended up sitting there like a small island! :slight_smile:

i was thinking that the water level looks to be the same height as the bed of the truck, hope he was,nt carrying paper or loo roll :wink:

bet the photographer got wet :laughing:

This driver is a hero of the haulage industry, He or she shows the spirit that made Britain great, despite the situation that would stop trains, planes and lental eating unicyclists, this driver will get that vital delivery of baked beans to the shops.

Yes never in the field of grocery deliveries has so much been owed by tubby kids to so few drivers.
Winston Churchill (Operations manager random RDC)

We few we happy few (one) this band of brothers, for those who deliver goods with me today can be considered my brother, even if he forgets to use deoderants.
Henry V, (Haulage company boss)

dave:

Maybe it’s a short distance humanitarian aid job, as there is an Oxfam shop in the back of the picture.

muckles:
Yes never in the field of grocery deliveries has so much been owed by tubby kids to so few drivers.

now that is pure class :laughing:

he could be delivering fish?

muckles wrote:

now that is pure class

I agree,but stop taking the mick out of my signature!!!

Ken.

Quinny:

muckles wrote:

now that is pure class

I agree,but stop taking the mick out of my signature!!!

Ken.

sorry :blush:
I knew I’d read something similar somewhere. :blush: :blush: :laughing:

Have a good look at the pic, then think about the shape of the bow wave of a boat.

1. The actual water level is just over bumper height and probably just below wagon bed level.
  2. As the wave has piled up to just below his windscreen, it will therefore be well below door sill level at the sides…
  3. The air intake needs to be higher than water level, the exhaust doesn’t as long as the engine stays running or the exhaust manifold is also above water level.

Personally I would say he was going a bit too quick. The water could be hiding anything and you don’t want to be mucking about with fancy steering or braking which will disrupt the water flow around your truck. The back wash could push you over the top of what you want to avoid.

So I think, all three. Brave for doing it cos if you know what your doing its easy peasy, but stupid because of what looks like excessive speed. If I 'd been there I would be in a better position to say for definite.

Of course, if he’s on his way home instead of on his way out, this is a perfectly reasonable way to drive.

(I have taught people how to do deep water fording, after being taught the right way and then doing it countless times).

The problem with any flood water like that, and driving through it, is the consequences of the bow wave. Imagine the flood water is just lapping at your front door step and then some one sends a wave of that size towards you and the next thing is your looking at new carpets, water damage et al!!!

I’ve seen it myself; York used to get a lot of bad flooding. I saw a car negotiating some fairly deep water and he was doing ok . . . . . . . . until a truck going the other way (too quickly - 'cos he could!!) sent a wave that swept up and over the bonnet of the said car, which stuttered to a stop in the middle of the flood, a few feet later. Meanwhile, selfish jack-b[zb] truck driver was out of the other side of the flood water and away!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

One question…

WHYâ– â– ?

What’s he proving? That he can?

Can’t imagine it doing his alternator, starter motor etc much good.

Harry Monk:
Can’t imagine it doing his alternator, starter motor etc much good.

You don’t normally get much water in the engine bay Harry, unless you slow down to quickly and the back-wash catches you up.

Stanley Knife:
WHYâ– â– ?

Maybe he’s going home and the water is in the way.
Maybe it’s just because he can. We don’t know.

someone has to deliver the rescue boat :smiley:

I agree with Simon, maybe a bit quick.

I used to work near to the ouse between Selby and Howden and we regularly had to negotiate the water when the river came up. The biggest problem was remembering where the road went as it could be up to 1/4 of a mile at times.

The Ouse at Escrick comes over regulary too and the locals are all used to it. About 5 years ago I had to rescue some prestige cars from a friends house to stop them getting waterlogged. I had a jeep cherokee diesel and a trailer. I got 4 cars out before the water got too deep. The other one we just put it up on sleepers using a fork lift truck

A police range rover who had closed the road watched me and decided he could do it too. I ended up having to pull him out as he flooded his engine :stuck_out_tongue:

The worst thing that happened in this case was that all the blokes Koi carp swam away and his wine cellar was flooded :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
The worst thing that happened in this case was that all the blokes Koi carp swam away and his wine cellar was flooded :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I hate it when my wine cellar floods. :unamused: I have to move the Bollinger 84’ to the East wing of the house as it doesn’t flood up there! :smiley: :wink:

It’s amazing what people will try. I used to live on a single track road near Cheltenham. It was a bit of a rat run for GCHQ employees as it cut out a busy roundabout but just past my house dipped about 3 feet and in the winter the brook running alongside would flood. On a wet night I’d leave the outside light on and park the land-Rover where it could be seen, thus ensuring a steady flow of soggy idiots knocking on my front door asking if I’d tow them out for a Fiver. Sometimes I needed wellies to drive as the water was over the pedals so you can imagine how deep it must’ve been inside their cars!

dave:

Solong the Pipe,where he pulls his Air into the Engine is higher than the waterlevel can i not see the Reason why he shall not do his Job :slight_smile:
Maybe a selfemployed Owner Operator.
but :unamused: ,if he gets Water in the Compressionstrakt blows him that Water the Engine in peaces