Brands Hatch

Did any TNUK members brave the wind and rain to watch the return of the heavy weights to Brands on Sunday 6th Nov ?

Your thoughts and comments would be welcome on the event.

Hello, my son and I went to Brands on Sunday, we braved the weather and had a brilliant day. It was my son’s 1st time at a truck race and he was over the moon. He enjoyed the formular Renault, the Clio and Ginetta races. But he was at the front when the trucks started. :smiley: :smiley:

The last race was the best and there was a lot of anticipation that something would happen, especially the way the rain fell. And sure enough on Paddock Hill bend it did…Top Stuff.

One small complaint though and this is aimed at Brands Hatch itself. I didn’t pre-book my ticket so had to que up, my fault I know, it was cold, wet and windy, however the staff only had 1 pay kiosk open, which was ridiulous. When they did open 2 sides to pay, they only had 1credit/debit card reader between the 2 sides.

But we didn’t let that spoil the day, nor the weather. We are looking forward to next seasons racing, the day surpassed my expectations and the little fella judging by the grin he had on his face all the way home. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I took my wife and son to Brands last sunday and had a good day out.
We were parked on the South Bank and had a good view of most of the track but you have to get there early to get a front row parking space. After seeing Steve race at Thruxton in august,it was nice to see him get some points and finishes under his belt. The car races are a good way of getting non Truck race fans interested and they were good entertainment as well especially the Legends series cars that look like model cars you want to pick up and scoot along the floor going ‘vroom vroom!’ :smiley:
It was a pity about the weather but it did make for some ‘interesting moments’ on some of the corners.
Any chance of getting the meeting moved to earlier in the year in the hope of better weather?
We’ll be back at both Brands and Thriuxton next year to see more racing and hopefully Steve getting further up in the placings with his new engineer helping out.