Branded diesel

OVLOV JAY:
I only use Esso super in my mondeo st. I’ve tried shell vmax and bp ultimate but they clog the filter. It’s a fiver a tank more to fill but will generally give me an extra 8mpg, so the cheaper alternative is a bit of a false economy

I only use BP ultimate. For those that are price conscious though just buy the cheapest stuff you can find.

I just buy what ever is cheapest and never ever had a problem with either petrol or diesel cars that I’ve owned. I currently own a modified Focus ST and on the filler cap it says ‘min 95ron’. So that’s all it gets. Although when fuel did get quite cheap I thought I’d try a few tanks of the branded super unleaded. It didn’t make a blind bit of difference in either performance or mpg.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

wheelnutt:

OVLOV JAY:
I only use Esso super in my mondeo st. I’ve tried shell vmax and bp ultimate but they clog the filter. It’s a fiver a tank more to fill but will generally give me an extra 8mpg, so the cheaper alternative is a bit of a false economy

I only use BP ultimate. For those that are price conscious just buy the cheapest stuff you can find.

I agree if you run an old bag of nails, but it seems over a 2l the mpg is substantially better with the premium fuels. Couldn’t get any cheaper than an old ■■■■■■ I had years ago, ran it on bio, although it didn’t like it

blue estate:

dieseldog999:
must be different over here in the twilight zone then… :slight_smile:

and
would anyone know for certain where all the millions of litres of laundered fuel goes once its been seized?
it has to go somewhere.

PSNI cars etc ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

your taking the pee I would think??
they wouldn’t be allowed to use hooky derv.its not plod that seize it,its the customs.

dieseldog999:

blue estate:

dieseldog999:
must be different over here in the twilight zone then… :slight_smile:

and
would anyone know for certain where all the millions of litres of laundered fuel goes once its been seized?
it has to go somewhere.

PSNI cars etc ?

your taking the pee I would think??
they wouldn’t be allowed to use hooky derv.its not plod that seize it,its the customs.

You get the gist of what I meant though wink wink

I think it’s all BS made up by BS ers

xichrisxi:
I think it’s all BS made up by BS ers

Must be all class 1 drivers then !

wheelnutt:
It all comes out of the same terminal. BP adds a bit of additive, Ultimate Shell and super Esso is a bit different, the rest is all the same. All the super unleaded in most multi brand terminals is just Tesco 99 diluted with regular to get the right grade…

Unless you put in a BP/Shell super blend, just shop on price. Jet/Asda/Morrison/Tesco/BP/Shell/Sainsbury/Texaco etc and even small local brands all come out of the same tanker/pot/rack/terminal. Even the bunker fuels such as Keyfuels and UK fuel comes out of the same tank/rack. Even deliveries to local yards/ truckfirms is the same stuff.

It is all marketing.

Yep, just like engine oil, the same oil but in a different can.

Watch them coming out of the terminal at Avonmouth, Esso followed by Morrisons Asda and Tesco.

The placebo effect of anything branded is well documented there is no proof whatsoever that branded fuel lasts longer or is better for you’re engine pure fantasy invented by the marketing men for the brand loyal sheep.

I am a Fleet engineer for a truck hire out-fit. I have a 14 plate Nissan Navara with lots of miles on it. We was using Euro shell and at 72 mph it would do around the 35 to mid 40s to the gallon. We them moved over the Key Fuels and could use them at places like Morrison’s, I was so shocked the Navara dipped down to the 30s to the gallon. Thought there was something up with it so into the Nissan Garage. All was ok so carried on and I knew it was using more fuel cos I was for ever at the pump.
So I tried Shell and put the fuel cost on my EXPs. Within 30 mile it was back up to 35 to mid 40s to the gallon. So then I found out I can use Euro Garages and that BP.
Fuel ok with them to.
Cheers Welly

mike68:
Watch them coming out of the terminal at Avonmouth, Esso followed by Morrisons Asda and Tesco.

The placebo effect of anything branded is well documented there is no proof whatsoever that branded fuel lasts longer or is better for you’re engine pure fantasy invented by the marketing men for the brand loyal sheep.

Esso and Shell share a terminal at Avonmouth, most of the other firms load out of an independent storage company.
One of the terminals at Kingsbury and the one that blew up at Buntsfield are also independent . If these firms source their own supply I do not know but if all the firms using it supply their own product it all gets mixed up in the same tanks
Remember the cheap petroleum firm in South Wales with a yellow and black logo that came unstuck sourcing cheap supplies, something to do with sea water seems to come to mind.
One of the supermarkets have their trucks based in a BP terminal and in another area in a Texaco depot and therefore deliver the same product.
Over the years I loaded in depots apart from my own belonging to Esso,Mobil,Gulf,Jet,Murco,Texaco,BP and Total and none of it was delivered to their filling stations.
Years ago contaminated product used to go back to the terminal and be lost in a large tank full of 2 star petrol but for many years before I retired it was taken back to a refinery . I still have the expensive orange anti static boilersuit that I had to wear when in Milford Haven refinery.

mac12:
Wasn’t there something about BMW engines having problems when only using supermarket diesel

Yes I must agree with that as I use supermarket diesel in both my BMW and my VW Passat, it prevents the indicators from working … :laughing:

edit … Whatever I buy fuel whether from a Shell, BP, Texaco, Tosco or Asda it still grieves me to think that every time I pay through the nose to fill my car up when I was sitting over a 20,000 litre tank full of cherry complete with a nozzle that would fit the filler of my motor while at work !

Go and sit outside Vopak by the bridge at Thurrock all the different suppliers in and out like yo yo
The only exception is Esso who load out of Purfleet
Been a few years now since I was on the tankers for BP
Best one was if the refinery at Coryton went down we all had to go to Esso to load

Ears Bleeding:
Go and sit outside Vopak by the bridge at Thurrock all the different suppliers in and out like yo yo
The only exception is Esso who load out of Purfleet
Been a few years now since I was on the tankers for BP
Best one was if the refinery at Coryton went down we all had to go to Esso to load

It’s called Navigator now, Greenergy bought them.