Brand new bulker

Prob long shot.
Going to buy brand new trailer this coming week.
Just wondered if there was a late 2nd hand one that anyone no’s of that’s actually for sale next week.
Plenty advertised 2011-12 etc but they don’t excist…
Thanks in advance.

What make you going for mate?

I’d punt for new anyway, least you won’t have any warranty issues then. Trailers don’t depreciate as fast as tractor units either so that initial drop isn’t as harsh. IMO.

Ring Lance Biscomb he might have some good fruehaff,s for sale coming up ! :wink:

xfmatt:
What make you going for mate?

Slopper or step frame plank side freahuf.
Red chassis silver body red sheet.
Or kel bergs are an option…
£1800 more but better spec I think.
Want rear lift really but can’t wait to order one so be front lift.
Going to newtons and kel bergs tomorrow.
Only up road from me.

Fruehauf would sell better secondhand wouldn’t it?

puntabrava:

Possibly. Although the kel bergs are a superior trailer to a freahuf I think.
Looks like its gonna be a freahuf step frame, plank side, 67 yard daw barn electric sheet in red with red chassis and hand held weighed at £36850… In stock ready to go…

Sorry to hijack your thread nick!!

Silver surfer what rate of depreciation do you reckon I should use on a tractor unit and trailer for costing exercise??

Thanks
James

jetemp:

Silver surfer what rate of depreciation do you reckon I should use on a tractor unit and trailer for costing exercise??

Thanks
James

My old boss bought 2 2004 72 cyd fruehauf step ribbed flat top bulkers in 2008 for 16000 each, sold em at auction in november last year for 12500 each so he didnt lose that much

Nick channer:

puntabrava:

Possibly. Although the kel bergs are a superior trailer to a freahuf I think.
Looks like its gonna be a freahuf step frame, plank side, 67 yard daw barn electric sheet in red with red chassis and hand held weighed at £36850… In stock ready to go…

You could get a price of Roy Humphrey in Suffolk, I bought a flat trailer off him in the summer and he was good to deal with and had some nice kit there, he is always advertising Fruehauf’s.

Got 72yd crane, 2008 red chassis, silver body, dualbrights , auto sheet, rear lift, Had full chassis shot blast and paint, going for bigger trailer end of month.
Pm me if any good

jetemp:

Thanks
James

I’m not really a bean counter but I’d depreciate a new tractor unit at 10k per year slowing that as it gets to 5 years old. A new trailer at 10% per year I suppose. Kit’s only worth what you can actually sell it for though.

If you’re depreciating it for accounting purposes you can probably be a bit creative if it suits.