Brakes, Yate £ 26,000...?

Brakes have a job advert at yate offering £ 26,000 a year on class 2, 48 hour week aprox. Its not saying anywhere that you need 2 years expirance ither.

Dose this sound about right for working at Brakes ? has anyone here worked for them that could back up what the advert claims ?

Just it sounds abit to good to be true. many thanks

I have heard Brakes are pretty good payers so sounds about right, go for it .

It actually seems a bit low for Brakes although they seem to pay different rates at different depots these days.

jrt:
Just it sounds abit to good to be true.

If its like all the other food service places, you wont be saying that long :laughing:

Bet they dont say about carrying customers cash about and if yr small lock in safe is full got pockets of rolls of notes to cart about.
And if the moneys short you have to put the difference, did 3 years at brakes Tamworth for my sins
Most cash I brought back In a day was just short of 12K all in cash.

Jeff.

Warrington is more around the £30k mark these days. They have to pay these sums to a) attract and b) have a hope of keeping drivers. It’s hard graft, I have spoken to several ex-Brakes drivers who have jacked and gone to a lower paying job, say it’s not worth the aggro and long term knackered back & joints.

EDIT: Some love it though, so don’t let me put you off.

As an employer, I’d say Brakes are pretty good. The C2 work though is hard graft though, and you’ll earn your money.

Money sounds a bit on the low side for darn sarth?
I only drive the C1 trunks for brakes on agency on occasion out of Aylesford, having tried the C2 work a couple of times, and hated it. :blush:

Trunks to Reading, Tamworth, Thetford & Thorpe are the regular fayre there.

The C2 work is places like Harvesters, Chiquita tell me whats new, some pubs, schools, hospitals, and some cross channel ferries.

Do Brakes have amphibious trucks? :smiley:

I think the ferries are made out of sofas if DFDS is anything to go by.

“Done, there, wherever you may be… I am the lord of the dunce settee!”

im pretty sure they take on new drivers as when i first passed my test an agency got me a job there, but i never took it as i got offered a full time job somewhere closer

from what ive heard its all timed deliveries and i think you get chased a lot by the office, but id still go for it

Spoke to a driver of theirs recently. He said he hated it. Worse job he’s ever taken. Money is good but you graft for it, constant grief of office. Right drops. Lugging up stairs etc.

Not my cup of tea to be honest

Daytrunker:
Bet they dont say about carrying customers cash about and if yr small lock in safe is full got pockets of rolls of notes to cart about.
And if the moneys short you have to put the difference, did 3 years at brakes Tamworth for my sins
Most cash I brought back In a day was just short of 12K all in cash.

Jeff.

Don’t forget to mention the phone calls from the office telling you to take a detour and rush straight to a drop because the poor chef is having a crisis and needs an emergency cucumber by 9am. Or the trucks being rammed full to the back door, looking for stock in the dark with an interior light as bright as a match. Mustn’t grumble though.

BreakerOneNine:
Don’t forget to mention the phone calls from the office telling you to take a detour and rush straight to a drop because the poor chef is having a crisis and needs an emergency cucumber by 9am. Or the trucks being rammed full to the back door, looking for stock in the dark with an interior light as bright as a match. Mustn’t grumble though.

gotta agree that make better reading :wink: