Brakes low

pads in a disc brake will be faster to change if all is ok with the caliper,disc brakes will stop you faster/fade less quick here lies the problem they tend to get more abuse,
as others have said around an hour

dont worry about wheel washers in ure job, mainly 8 wheelers & artic tipper the brakes tend to be very hot when hitting the wash & extreme temperature changes can crack discs. but as u are stop start & short trips ul probly have nowt to worry about other than pads for quite a while

you may find you need both if brakes have worn evenly across the axel you may also find you need a new brake drum as well since the linings are non asbestos now a days the linings are harder and seem to wear brake drums away quicker. also on the daf some times the ancor pins can be siezed in and bit of a sod to get out. see if they can give you a price before hand and do they go by the book times or what they think it will take? think normally 2hrs a side. think your model will be 6x4 cf75 fat

Dont take this the wrong way mixer driver, but you could really do with learning basic maintanance skills, and buy basic tools, jack, wheel brace, etc,it could save you a fortune in the long run, i carry a fairly comprehensive toolbox with me in the truck, you never know what might happen on the road, call outs are bloody dear!!

jimmy2loads:
Dont take this the wrong way mixer driver, but you could really do with learning basic maintanance skills, and buy basic tools, jack, wheel brace, etc,it could save you a fortune in the long run, i carry a fairly comprehensive toolbox with me in the truck, you never know what might happen on the road, call outs are bloody dear!!

I have tools mate, just don’t know what to do with them lol

jimmy2loads:

We, as in random mates who have been stars in certain situations, have made and replaced a rocker cover gasket. Taken a 1/2 shaft out and run an F12 home with the diff lock on, knocked brakes over cams, repaired/blanked air lines off, and loads of other minor road side repairs. If you carry a few basic tools a pack of random air pipe connectors a pack of cable ties and a ratchet strap. If you can’t fix it, there’s a good chance someone will come along and will.

Waits for Boris to come along and tell us we’re not allowed to do anything though.

renaultman:
We, as in random mates who have been stars in certain situations, have made and replaced a rocker cover gasket. Taken a 1/2 shaft out and run an F12 home with the diff lock on, knocked brakes over cams, repaired/blanked air lines off, and loads of other minor road side repairs. If you carry a few basic tools a pack of random air pipe connectors a pack of cable ties and a ratchet strap. If you can’t fix it, there’s a good chance someone will come along and will.

Waits for Boris to come along and tell us we’re not allowed to do anything though.

Sounds like proper drivers getting stuff home from Europe in the 70’s & 80’s.
Even with no clutch disengagement sometimes… on & off ferries aswell.

Talking about job times, very much depends on facilities. If you have full indoor workshop facilities, ramps, 3/4" drive windy guns for whipping the wheel nuts off, pullers for tight drums etc. times can be relatively short.
However, if you are working in a yard, outside, -5C or raining, jacking one wheel at at time, only semi hard surface, nuts off & on by hand, etc. etc. its a very different story.