Brakes Grantham

Hi all,
I have been out the game for a while and see Brakes Grantham have jobs on class 2.

Few questions,
Are the class 2 autos?

Are the routes pre planned and easy multi drop?

Job wise, are the trucks pre loaded and just case of go do the multi drop and then return and park up?

Sorry for questions, just first time back in an age so just wondered .

All the rigids…

Are auto. Camera’s all over over them inside and out.

The routes aren’t pre-planned as such but, the drops are similar every day so you’ll get to know the route you’re given easily enough.

The trucks are pre-loaded. When you get back to Grantham you de-kit, fill up, park up, do any paperwork upstairs and go home.

I only do class 1 trunking for them. The delivery drivers are usually back by 3 (and that includes a snooze in a lay-by somewhere) every day. Some of them have been there for years so that might tell you something.

Worst job i’ve ever had, Brakes in Hemsworth.

Back breaking work, encouraged to work through breaks by the supervisors showing you the route. You are basically a labourer who does a bit of driving now and then.
I lasted 6 weeks then went back to class 1.

Hi the class 2 stuff is frozen and ambient/chilled to schools, pubs, works canteens, frankie and bennys ,chequitos etc etc
there is A LOT of handballing involved moving boxes etc several times ie off the wagon onto sack barrow into delivery very little in the way of help at delivery points . its not for the feint hearted
also there is quite a bit of paperwork involved as its all got to be checked tallyed and signed for if you have a bad back its probably not the work for you

But is it a gazillion pound a week ?

The only adverts I’ve seen for apx last month have been class 1

Sounds great, as only driven autos and these rigid being auto is great.

Its all agency work currently and lots of weekend adverts which is just what I’m looking for, sounds perfect. Don;t mind hand ball, saves going gym.

yourhavingalarf:
All the rigids…

The routes aren’t pre-planned as such but, the drops are similar every day so you’ll get to know the route you’re given easily enough.

The trucks are pre-loaded. When you get back to Grantham you de-kit, fill up, park up, do any paperwork upstairs and go home.

I only do class 1 trunking for them. The delivery drivers are usually back by 3 (and that includes a snooze in a lay-by somewhere) every day. Some of them have been there for years so that might tell you something.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to you Linsimp but how the hell have we got to the stage where the type of gearbox becomes a job clincher?

lincsimp:
Sounds great, as only driven autos and these rigid being auto is great.

Its all agency work currently and lots of weekend adverts which is just what I’m looking for, sounds perfect. Don;t mind hand ball, saves going gym.

yourhavingalarf:
All the rigids…

It says full time permanent in advert on indeed , and there is one for class 2 , must of missed that

the maoster:
I mean absolutely no disrespect to you Linsimp but how the hell have we got to the stage where the type of gearbox becomes a job clincher?

Because that’s what they’re taught on these days. Imo it’s a national disgrace.

I learnt on a manual however since have only driven autos and personal preference prefer to drive them.

the maoster:

lincsimp:
I learnt on a manual however since have only driven autos and personal preference prefer to drive them.

the maoster:

Oh I get that, and after a gazillion manual gear changes I too admit that nowadays I prefer an auto over a manual, but if I fancied a certain job then the type of gearbox fitted to the fleet wouldn’t enter my mind tbh.

Haha thats true, guess each to own, it needs to be a nice work environment and something to enjoy, and part that is i enjoy driving autos. Just one of bigger picture.

the maoster:

lincsimp:

the maoster:

Oh I get that, and after a gazillion manual gear changes I too admit that nowadays I prefer an auto over a manual, but if I fancied a certain job then the type of gearbox fitted to the fleet wouldn’t enter my mind tbh.